• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Star Wars Story: Rogue One - My Review

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Star Wars Story: Rogue One - My Review

My review: it's excellent, a great "side story" that leads beautifully into Ep. IV

Not really a spoiler: Peter Cushing (yes, Peter Cushing) appears as Grand Moff Tarkin. Remarkable CGI magic given that the poor old boy died in 1994.

Really liked it. Very good film. Leia and DV annoyed mea little but not enough to spoil a very good film

Comment

SPOILER ALERT!

Many Bothans die.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Oh that's interesting, I LOVED that those characters were in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jdQqjcsfC8

Comment

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I enjoyed it.

Couldn't help but think the rebel alliance were a bit like the USA in WW2, rocking up late to claim the glory.

Comment

Great film.

Star Wars must be the most muddled up order of releasing films ever

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                Great film.

Star Wars must be the most muddled up order of releasing films ever

Good but not great.

For me in order of excellence it would be:

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Good but not great.

For me in order of excellence it would be:

5,4,3.5,7,6,3,2,1 for me.

Best Darth Vader Scene
                  Best Droid

Cushing CGI was a bit too Polar Express. Leia's was very good though.

Of more concern is that Leia was meant to face her son in some way in either Ep VIII or IX
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

The kids did 4,5 and 6 over the hols and enjoyed them (apart from the kissy bits) - much to the annoyance of Mrs Admin. She was even more annoyed when child #2 wanted an R2D2 toy. They want to watch 1, 2 and 3 now. I have prepared them for the disappointment that lies ahead. 7 was a bit meh, thanks to Platy's review I might bring myself to watch 3.5, once I can find a cheap copy somewhere

Comment

Working...
                    X