• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Still benched

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still benched

Bah. Humbug.

Was trying to close out a contract position today and went to the interview as I can now drive. 100 mile roundtrip and after an hour & a half interview, they concluded by saying they'll have to wait until the 1st week of next year to do the final interview with someone who didn't make it today. madmad

In the meantime, I secured another interview with another role & they decided they want to do it 1st week of Jan.

Bloody annoying.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Bah. Humbug.

Was trying to close out a contract position today and went to the interview as I can now drive. 100 mile roundtrip and after an hour & a half interview, they concluded by saying they'll have to wait until the 1st week of next year to do the final interview with someone who didn't make it today. madmad

In the meantime, I secured another interview with another role & they decided they want to do it 1st week of Jan.

Bloody annoying.
    It's christmas as of today so really what would you expect...

I would be off but have things to finish before I start the new contract on 3rd January.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Bah. Humbug.

Bloody annoying.
      Happy 17th birthday to you

Seriously, don't worry about it, you cannot do anything about it and enjoy the festive period.

Comment

2 interviews in Jan?

Sorted.

Put your feet up and enjoy your time with your family. Last I heard your warchest was substantial.

Its Christmas - Get pissed, get stuffed & get better.

Off down the gym in a bit, fancy coming along?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          2 interviews in Jan?

Sorted.

Put your feet up and enjoy your time with your family. Last I heard your warchest was substantial.

Its Christmas - Get pissed, get stuffed & get better.

Off down the gym in a bit, fancy coming along?
          I'm going to grab a beer and work on my stomach thanks.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I'm going to grab a beer and work on my stomach thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
              Really GL, you never fail to come up with the goods...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Really GL, you never fail to come up with the goods...
                scary thing that is my mental picture of MF!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Try Deliveroo

Comment

Things were looking grim for me at the start of this month, having been benched earlier in the year so I already had a much depleted war chest.

I came across Amazon Flex delivery. The London depots have been open a while and they have just opened the Manchester one. In essence you should be able to run this through your Ltd co (didn't get that far to find out but there should be a way of doing it). Pays £13-£18 hour and this includes waiting at the depot, in your 'slot' , for the next drop. This is Amazons flag ship service (1 or 2 hour delivery) which has worked very well in the states. You need an Andriod or IoS phone and your own vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                    X