• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

“I think I’d better leave now."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“I think I’d better leave now."

Revealed: How Theresa May's fight for British expat rights was met with silence from EU leaders

Damn I thought this was going to be about a Russian perma-flounce.

Comment

Better title "May versus the Political Pygmies"

Can you imagine Churchill's reaction if he were alive?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Damn I thought this was going to be about a Russian perma-flounce.

He's not going to leave until Jan 1st. The highlight of AtW's year is being the last poster in that year...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          He's not going to leave until Jan 1st. The highlight of AtW's year is being the last poster in that year...
          And it's a fix.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

This is not really a Brexit issue and should not be confused with free movement. There is no reason why one country cannot have an agreement with others to mutually respect rights of existing migrants. The fact that the EU commission is happy for people on either side to put up with months, if not years, of uncertainty just shows what a bunch of scumbags they are. People don't matter, just their idealistic principles.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

It wasn't EU commission that voted for Brexit which put peope under question - UK could have by now guaranteed all EU citizens that they will stay here but May refuses to do so in orde to use them as bargaining chips in negotiation.

EU is using very predictable, the only possible strategy - May should have thought about it before she took the job, it won't be long before she fecks off to wear her £995 learher trousers
              Last edited by AtW; 17 December 2016, 02:19.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Or the first

Comment

I would keep every EU migrant in the UK if it meant we did not have to have NAT back in the UK....

Comment

UK could have by now guaranteed all EU citizens that they will stay here but May refuses to do so in order to use them as bargaining chips in negotiation
                    But why do you think this should be a unilateral decision with no corresponding guarantee about rights of UK citizens in Europe?

We also need to ensure that it is only useful migrants on both sides, those with jobs or good job prospects, no criminal convictions etc. who are protected.
                    Last edited by xoggoth; 17 December 2016, 11:47.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X