• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Talk me out of a Porsche?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some reasonable ways to invest my savings - BTL property (with various restrictions and taxes upcoming and possible property crash), (negative yielding) bonds, ISAs.
    But the most reasonable one is buying a Porsche.
    If I go second hand I can pretty much buy outright and have some money left over for the allegedly expensive repairs.
    My work does not depend on commuting by car, so I think if it did break down, I can afford for it to be in service for some time.
    Other than the above any downsides? Any better investment?

Originally posted by yasockie View Post

Comment

^^ this

Maserati GranTurismo or Aston Martin Vantage V8 (manual) or V12 (auto)

Comment

Do it do it do it. At the end of the day if you don't like it you sell it. They hold their value well so at the very worst you've lost a little bit of dosh but owned a Porsche. I can't believe for one minute you'll be getting rid of it.

Make sure you set yourself the spec and model and how much you want to pay. There aren't that many about so might end up travelling around looking for the right one. Worth sticking to it rather than making do with a spec or colour you didn't want. Because they are few and far between selling it if you really have to won't be hard either.

Get it done man. You only live once and don't want to be the richest man in the graveyard.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Do it. You wont stop smiling, well until you have to pay for a service.

Comment

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

The official dealers are rude, Their after-sales is worse than useless, and it's just an over prices Skoda/Seat. Go for it, permie.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Scientifically verified 1-night stand fanny magnet

From It works!: Women sexually attracted to Porsche-driving men

"In analyzing more than 1,000 men, researchers revealed that being in possession of a Porsche <snip> did make a man more desirable to women. While women who did find a man who drove a Porsche more attractive as a date, she did not find him more desirable as a marriage partner for a long-term committed relationship"

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
                  Scientifically verified 1-night stand fanny magnet

From It works!: Women sexually attracted to Porsche-driving men

"In analyzing more than 1,000 men, researchers revealed that being in possession of a Porsche <snip> did make a man more desirable to women. While women who did find a man who drove a Porsche more attractive as a date, she did not find him more desirable as a marriage partner for a long-term committed relationship"
                  Yup. The only con of having one is if you are married. The fanny will love it.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Yup. The only con of having one is if you are married. The fanny will love it.

Comment

Working...
                    X