• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Slap me sideways - Daily Fail and Katie Horseface apologise to Muslim family!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slap me sideways - Daily Fail and Katie Horseface apologise to Muslim family!

Katie Hopkins apologises to family over al-Qaeda claims

hmm

In a second article published on 29 December, which included pictures of the Mahmood family home, Hopkins added that Hamza Mahmood, Mohammed's son, was publishing "extremist material" on a Facebook page.
    Hamza Mahmood said he did not create the Facebook page, which was linked to him because of an error with his email address.
    Easy mistake to make one wonders if this is why the US stopped them?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Well the daily Heil obviously didn't want to pay the substantial damages* that would have been forthcoming in the judgement from the "Enemies of the People"

*I see they have already been paid damages. So should read even more substantial damages without the retraction.
      Last edited by sasguru; 19 December 2016, 15:02.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

That article reads like the Fail did the apologising on her behalf. I can't see her ever actually admitting fault.

Comment

Considering the amount of times they publish such tripe they obviously aren't bothered about paying damages. I'm assuming they generate enough interest in ads etc to make it worth their while

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Well the daily Heil obviously didn't want to pay the substantial damages* that would have been forthcoming in the judgement from the "Enemies of the People"

*I see they have already been paid damages. So should read even more substantial damages without the retraction.
            Payout plus legal costs would have been much bigger after quick trial in most favourable to libel jurisdiction...

Comment

Working...
            X