PDA

View Full Version : Slap me sideways - Daily Fail and Katie Horseface apologise to Muslim family!

Moose423956
19th December 2016, 14:52
Katie Hopkins apologises to family over al-Qaeda claims (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38367563)

vetran
19th December 2016, 14:57
hmm

In a second article published on 29 December, which included pictures of the Mahmood family home, Hopkins added that Hamza Mahmood, Mohammed's son, was publishing "extremist material" on a Facebook page.
Hamza Mahmood said he did not create the Facebook page, which was linked to him because of an error with his email address.

Easy mistake to make one wonders if this is why the US stopped them?

sasguru
19th December 2016, 14:58
Well the daily Heil obviously didn't want to pay the substantial damages* that would have been forthcoming in the judgement from the "Enemies of the People"

*I see they have already been paid damages. So should read even more substantial damages without the retraction.

ladymuck
19th December 2016, 15:06
That article reads like the Fail did the apologising on her behalf. I can't see her ever actually admitting fault.

VillageContractor
19th December 2016, 15:07
Considering the amount of times they publish such tripe they obviously aren't bothered about paying damages. I'm assuming they generate enough interest in ads etc to make it worth their while

AtW
19th December 2016, 15:28
Well the daily Heil obviously didn't want to pay the substantial damages* that would have been forthcoming in the judgement from the "Enemies of the People"

*I see they have already been paid damages. So should read even more substantial damages without the retraction.

Payout plus legal costs would have been much bigger after quick trial in most favourable to libel jurisdiction...