• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Folding bikes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folding bikes

Mate of mine turned up for a party recently on a swish looking folding bike. Amazing thing, got me interested so I had a look - some amazing engineering out there.

Check out the Strida and ixi brands. No contractor should be without one.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru

Check out the Strida and ixi brands. No contractor should be without one.

Huh??? bikes are for losers ... contractors have Porches and Ferraris .. that's why AtW became a contractor !!!

Comment

Contractors should never ride bikes. Except for Threaded, and that's just for the comedy value. Especially folding bikes. Unless you want everyone to think you're a complete berk. I'm seriously glad I don't go to the same parties you do. Wall to wall cagouls, acne and warm beer.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
        Contractors should never ride bikes. Except for Threaded, and that's just for the comedy value. Especially folding bikes. Unless you want everyone to think you're a complete berk. I'm seriously glad I don't go to the same parties you do. Wall to wall cagouls, acne and warm beer.
        He he. Shows how much you know.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Well Mordy the thought of you just trying to ride a bike makes me smile.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
            Huh??? bikes are for losers ... contractors have Porches and Ferraris .. that's why AtW became a contractor !!!
            Hmm, that's confused me a bit, because the ones I see round here with the Porches and Ferraris (and the occasional Aston), are quite often to be found riding a sometimes scruffy bike to the shops.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
              Hmm, that's confused me a bit, because the ones I see round here with the Porches and Ferraris (and the occasional Aston), are quite often to be found riding a sometimes scruffy bike to the shops.
              Aye. Some posters above have no class. Or they're too lardy to get on a bike without it falling to bits.
              Last edited by sasguru; 9 November 2006, 19:50.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

On yer bike....

Originally posted by SandyDown
                Your answer is a prime example of short term thinking:

A bike will make you fit. A bike ridden regularly will put years on your life, make you feel younger and more energetic and will keep those wrinkles at bay and make you appear younger at interviews, which is vital if you are in IT. This will add huge amounts of 'contract' value to your earnings over the years and will gain you enough income to actually buy that Porsche or Ferrari you claim makes a successful contractor.

Those who buy their Ferraris or Porsche's at the early stages of their contracting business career are up to their eyeballs in debt for years trying to pay it off, leading to severe financial difficulties when the economic downturn takes place. They tend to adopt a hedonistic and toxic lifestyle to match - too much booze, not enough sleep and too many women etc. They age more quickly because they don't get enough exercise driving around in that polluting gas guzzling beast. That means they are quickly placed on the IT 'has been' list prematurely with EBs as they fail to be put forward or win contracts. Eventually, they will have to sell the Porsche to make ends meet between long spells of not being in work. Eventually all they will able to afford are bicycles but they will be too tired and too old to enjoy them properly and benefit from those who bike earlier in their contracting careers.

Bikes (even folding ones) are for real owner managed businesses. It's better to have a folding bike than a folding business.

Think about it.
                Last edited by Denny; 9 November 2006, 19:59.

Comment

Denny is spot on.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Denny's da man. You knew I'd say that though.

Comment

Working...
                    X