• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need a new Ltd Bank Account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a new Ltd Bank Account

Just waiting for the new Ltd number to come through, then I can get my insurance through QDOS. Then also need to get a new Ltd Bank.

Any recommendations and does any have a referral code they want to give me for a bank as Mudskipper has provided me some others.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

If you can get a referral from some accountants, or go into London, I'm very happy with Metrobank.

Ditched Santander after one last cock up, but InTouch referred them so I didn't need to go into that there London.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Meh.. Someone here was complaining about Santander today. Hope they ain't going down hill. They seem OK for me at the moment and don't want to bugger about at the moment.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Meh.. Someone here was complaining about Santander today. Hope they ain't going down hill. They seem OK for me at the moment and don't want to bugger about at the moment.
        +1

Happy with Santander, and when I set up the account (albeit under Abbey) they could do it over the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          +1

Happy with Santander, and when I set up the account (albeit under Abbey) they could do it over the phone.
          I had issues with Santander when I opened the account (as Abbey), including being able to ring them and tell them what my new password for online banking should be with no other security because they lost the phone.

If you're happy, then I wouldn't move - particularly since you're probably on the free banking for life deal that Abbey used to do. Metrobank were good at opening the account, I like their app, plus they do an automatic data feed into InTouch so I don't need to faff about with downloads and uploads. And the new app is due soon which looks to have some nice features.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I am with Santander for both business and personal banking and never had a problem with them

Comment

Constant pain with Lloydsbank - mostly they like blocking card
              Last edited by AtW; 19 December 2016, 18:13.

Comment

Nothing bad to say about NatWest..... Nothing good either !

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Constant pain with Lloydsbank - mostly they like blocking card
                  T&C

2.1.13.a: Credit shall not be advanced for the purchase of squirrel food.

7.2.69.c: No more than three sofas may be purchased within any 30-day period.

Comment

Cater Allen are (or were) a popular choice for "free" banking; they're very good in terms of customer service, but very bad in terms of implementing FPS (takes 2-3 days for payments to execute).

All factors considered, I'd recommend HSBC (small monthly fee).

Comment

Working...
                    X