PDA

View Full Version : Had some bad news today

MarillionFan
21st December 2016, 07:55
A very sad day today.

After several years of medical training and hard work, a very good friend of mine has been struck off after just one minor indiscretion - he slept with one of his patients and can now no longer work in the profession.

What a waste of all those years training, endless hours studying, numerous exams and loads of money.

A genuinely nice guy and an excellent Vet.

Paddy
21st December 2016, 08:01
A very sad day today.

After several years of medical training and hard work, a very good friend of mine has been struck off after just one minor indiscretion - he slept with one of his patients and can now no longer work in the profession.

What a waste of all those years training, endless hours studying, numerous exams and loads of money.

Time he made a ewe turn then.

northernladuk
21st December 2016, 08:04
Sorry to hear that MF :( You aren't having the best time of it so far. Things will get better :hug:

Paddy
21st December 2016, 08:06
Sorry to hear that MF :( You aren't having the best time of it so far. Things will get better :hug:

:rolleyes:

MrMarkyMark
21st December 2016, 08:06
Sounds like a pig in a poke that one :eyes

northernladuk
21st December 2016, 08:07
:rolleyes:

;)

SimonMac
21st December 2016, 08:48
A very sad day today.

I call bullshit, we all know you don't have any friends!

northernladuk
21st December 2016, 09:21
I call bullshit, we all know you don't have any friends!

Maybe but I've a feeling there is an element of truth in the story, maybe to help him deal with his guilt from last night.

I can't say which bit I think is true as the first ban in the list was MF implying someone else was an animal lover. The irony.. But I didn't say that. :D

northernladyuk
21st December 2016, 09:23
A very sad day today.

Did you charge him in dog treats or antibiotics?

barrydidit
22nd December 2016, 12:38
A very sad day today.

Seems MF might have been right after all.

Man on trial charged with having sex with a horse - Huddersfield Examiner (http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/man-trial-charged-having-sex-12354328)

northernladyuk
22nd December 2016, 12:39

Man on trial charged with having sex with a horse - Huddersfield Examiner (http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/man-trial-charged-having-sex-12354328)

Bloody Christmas works drinks.

vetran
22nd December 2016, 12:48

"The Marillion Stallion" hmm good name for a movie! Try saying "Don't push meeee".

kaiser78
22nd December 2016, 21:06
A very sad day today.

I would suggest that this is quite a major indiscretion given the clarity of the professional/patient relationship line is very distinct ? Yes is sad, but crossing this line is a total no no, no ?