PDA

View Full Version : Working in Denmark (Copenhagen)

ladymuck
23rd December 2016, 21:06
I was approached today via LinkedIn for a role in Copenhagen from a company/agency called eWork Group. Other than a generic spec, I don't have a lot of details (a process analyst role on an ITIL implementation project).

Is there anything I need to be aware of, be wary of in considering this? Anything funny about working in Denmark I need to know? Has anyone dealt with the eWork Group?

I have no idea what the rates are for this type of role in the local market so, depending on how far this goes, I need to do a bit of research around what I could expect to charge and all that jazz.

Any hints/tips gratefully received.

GB9
23rd December 2016, 21:19
I was approached today via LinkedIn for a role in Copenhagen from a company/agency called eWork Group. Other than a generic spec, I don't have a lot of details (a process analyst role on an ITIL implementation project).

Is there anything I need to be aware of, be wary of in considering this? Anything funny about working in Denmark I need to know? Has anyone dealt with the eWork Group?

I have no idea what the rates are for this type of role in the local market so, depending on how far this goes, I need to do a bit of research around what I could expect to charge and all that jazz.

Any hints/tips gratefully received.
If you stay for any length of time you will be taxed more than you thought possible. Otherwise a nice place.

stek
23rd December 2016, 22:34
If you stay for any length of time you will be taxed more than you thought possible. Otherwise a nice place.

Not true, you can avail yourself of the Danish Expat Tax Scheme, 30%.

More later in week, family time for the forseeable!

ladymuck
23rd December 2016, 22:36
I found something about that in an old thread. Good to hear it's still valid. Although the site I found it on seemed to be a commercial firm than an official Danish site so was wary.

GB9
23rd December 2016, 22:36
Not true, you can avail yourself of the Danish Expat Tax Scheme, 30%.

More later in week, family time for the forseeable!

How long does that give you?

Andy2
24th December 2016, 12:38
I was also approached by eWORK
Though a good rate but after 35% tax deduction its not worth it

GB9
24th December 2016, 14:38
Is this 30-35% for short term work only? The guys I know in Denmark are paying far more, although have been there a fair while.

stek
24th December 2016, 14:50
Is this 30-35% for short term work only? The guys I know in Denmark are paying far more, although have been there a fair while.

Two years, and you get an allowance if you have another home in UK (or whereever).

GB9
24th December 2016, 15:33
Two years, and you get an allowance if you have another home in UK (or whereever).
OK, that would explain it.

Thanks