• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you heard?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you heard?

Coming to work this morning, Radio Five said they would be running an item about "more than 30 firms that are about to be investigated for tax avoidance". I finished my journey before they aired the item and have not been able to find anything on the BBC web site, contractoruk, accountingweb, or the IR's own site. Does anyone have any info on this?

was on Working lunch.

Apparently it's 30 companies that have continued to use come Corp Tax loop-hole a year after the IR closed it.

Obviously big companies involved.

tim

Comment

Ah, thanks

I was wondering whether it was umbrella companies who advertise around here.

Comment

Re: Ah, thanks

There's something in the Times today about the IR investigating E&Y and PWC (and their clients) over a foreign currency scheme they have been using, if that helps.

Comment

Re: Ah, thanks

You're probably OK sgrollit - I heard no mention of hamsters.

Fools - they should have used the services of Rabbit Tax Evasion Ltd. Edinburgh

Comment

Working...
          X