• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Xmas family Fallout thread.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Xmas family Fallout thread.

God I dislike Xmas. When your family and the inlaws get together. So this thread is to moan about family you're spending Xmas with.

So far, both the MIL and FIL have at separate times shouted at or smacked my son for what they have seen as 'bad behaviour' and again made comments that he's not been raised right, even though hes been diagnosed with Autism and a sensory issue. Both times he overeacted over something, one a firework going off above him which made him melt down and when someone tried to hold him he hit out, the second when excited he jumped into the MIL and she smacked him across the face because he hurt her in his misplaced exuberance. My own mother is Also at our house. No idea what we were thinking.

I started to avoid the parents in law about a year ago. I have decided not to drink over the holiday, as I swear to God if I do somebody is not,going to make it out of my house alive this Xmas.

Please feel free to vent / share with us how much you hate having family for Xmas.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Great Xmax here, no family ...

Comment

Yeh, going to sister's tomorrow. Lots of nephews/nieces and grand ditto. I shall manage to be nice for about 2 hours then it's off to van to get my shotgun. Still, had a few (too many) nice mulled wines with neighbours tonight.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Great Xmax here, no family ...
          Ditto that. Told the family I wasn't visiting.

No sister in law, bliss.

Comment

I'm with family I like though probably for the last year...
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              God I dislike Xmas. When your family and the inlaws get together. So this thread is to moan about family you're spending Xmas with.

So far, both the MIL and FIL have at separate times shouted at or smacked my son for what they have seen as 'bad behaviour' and again made comments that he's not been raised right, even though hes been diagnosed with Autism and a sensory issue. Both times he overeacted over something, one a firework going off above him which made him melt down and when someone tried to hold him he hit out, the second when excited he jumped into the MIL and she smacked him across the face because he hurt her in his misplaced exuberance. My own mother is Also at our house. No idea what we were thinking.

I started to avoid the parents in law about a year ago. I have decided not to drink over the holiday, as I swear to God if I do somebody is not,going to make it out of my house alive this Xmas.

Please feel free to vent / share with us how much you hate having family for Xmas.
              Report the in laws to the police for assault and get very drunk.

Comment

Fortunately I like both mine and my wife's family.

Not many of us tomorrow - supposed to be with my family (we alternate) but they are staying out in Tenerife this year. So with my wife and her mum and grandparents only. Both her sisters and children at in-laws.

We've got everyone at ours on Boxing Day. 12 adults and 6 children.

Comment

FIL is as common as muck.

Unfortunately my old man gets on very well with him and has been brought down to his level.

I can only hope that this year we're not going to be treated to the unedifying spectacle of another "flying wurzel" competition.

Sprouts are definitely off the menu.
                  Last edited by Pip in a Poke; 25 December 2016, 06:44.

Comment

I'm not entirely convinced that slapping a kid around the face is appropriate behaviour. Are your in-laws chavs?

Me, wifey, three kids, daughter-in-law, my son's friend and his fiancé and a refugee from Ethiopia. Should be a good day.

Unfortunately, sprouts are on the menu despite my best efforts.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X