• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas Past Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Past Thread

Looking forward to getting back to invoicing......... pass me one more mince pie first though.......

Mr. Creosote moment coming........

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
      changing the pots on those babies was tedious.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Wow, six channels and analogue controls for volume, brightness, contrast and colour.
        You could make everyone look like Donald Trump or turn it down so the neighbours wouldn't think you had colour tv and stay.....

Actually, I may once have rented a set from DER.......

Comment

We had a BW TV with a coin meter attached that took shillings. I was the 'remote' and we had three channels.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

We used to have a Tandberg colour television. Looked exactly like this....

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              It might have had 6 buttons but there were only 3 channels unless you were lucky enough to be able to get alternate ITV and BBC signals.
              I remember our telly had buttons labelled BBC1, BBC2, ITV and ITV2, and the idea that there might one day be a fourth channel, or an ITV2, was really exciting.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                I remember our telly had buttons labelled BBC1, BBC2, ITV and ITV2, and the idea that there might one day be a fourth channel, or an ITV2, was really exciting.
                Luxury! I remember BBC and ITV. BBC2 starting was superb.

<Awaits Zeity to talk about the first TV broadcast>

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  IIRC the first tv in the ZeitMansion was a single channel (BBC only on Channel 5 from Wenvoe) B&W 12" console tv.

I well remember my poor old dad attempting to get TWW (Channel 10 from St. Hilary) on it without adding a converter box that might, just, have enabled him so to do.

The Ch5 Beeb was received on a gigantic double H aerial strapped to the soil pipe out the back.

He used to erect aerials for a living back in the 50s, which, considering how big they were, must have been a challenge.

Once, when one of his mates was up on a roof, the roof ladder broke, precipitating said mate rapidly to the ground, where, miraculously enough, he was completely unhurt.
                  And I bet Bruce Forsyth was top billing....

Comment

Working...
                  X