• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flying Aer-Lingus over the pond

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flying Aer-Lingus over the pond

Yes, I know it's General and I know you cheeky scamps will all want to add the prefix Cunni in your replies, but has anyone flown over t'Atlantic with Aer Lingus. . Any bloody good?

I remember reading somewhere that they do immigration in Dublin, so when you land stateside, you go straight through.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Clearing immigration in Ireland is a time-saver, but maybe choose one of the US/European airlines for the journey rather than Aer Lingus.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Clearing immigration in Ireland is a time-saver, but maybe choose one of the US/European airlines for the journey rather than Aer Lingus.
      Are they that bad? TBH its working out better with them as its B'ham Int (only 30 mins away from house) to Dublin, then Dub to Boston.

All the rest are flying from Heathrow.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Always reminds me of this joke.
        er Lingus Flight 101 was flying from Heathrow to Dublin one night,with
        Paddy the Pilot, and Shamus the co-pilot.
        As they approached Dublin airport, they looked out the front window.
        "B'jeesus" said Paddy "Will ye look at how fookin short dat runway is".
        "You're not fookin kiddin, Paddy" replied Shamus. "Dis is gonna be one a'de
        trickiest landings you're ever gonna see" said Paddy.
        "You're not fookin kiddin, Paddy" replied Shamus.
        "Right Shamus. When I give de signal, you put de engines in reverse" said
        Paddy.
        "Right, I'll be doing dat" replied Shamus.
        "And den ye put de flaps down straight away" said Paddy
        "And den ye stamp on dem brakes as hard as ye can" said Paddy
        "And den ye pray to de Mother Mary with all a' your soul" said Paddy
        "I be doing dat already" replied Shamus.
        So they approached the runway with Paddy and Shamus full of nerves and
        sweaty palms. As soon as the wheels hit the ground, Shamus put the engines
        in reverse, put the flaps down, stamped on the brakes and prayed to Mother
        Mary with all of his soul.

Amidst roaring engines, squealing of tyres and lots of smoke, the plane
        screeched to a halt centimetres from the end of the runway, much to the
        relief of Paddy and Shamus and everyone on board.
        As they sat in the cockpit regaining their composure, Paddy looked out the
        front window and said to Shamus
        "Dat has gotta be de' shortest fookin runway I have EVER seen in me whole
        life".
        Shamus looked out the side window and replied
        "Yeah Paddy, but look how fookin wide it is".
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
          Any bloody good?
          Hopefully, their 2017 calendar will be better than their previous ones....

Comment

Working...
          X