• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OK, Who Thinks They're Little Bobby Tables?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, Who Thinks They're Little Bobby Tables?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10542519

What an excellent idea. Sure there must be some major systems crap enough to messed up by this sort of thing.

Hardly major but I found my shopping cart had problems on rare occasions, I'd forgotten to allow for quotes in names like O'Brian when inserting in MySQL.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I like the "true story" of the man whose name was null. (Did this come from Monday links?)

flex - How to pass "Null" (a real surname!) to a SOAP web service in ActionScript 3? - Stack Overflow

We all have a duty to name our children in such a way that maximises work for contractors.

Comment

I worked for a major retailer whose EDI system read the word "TUNA" (as in tins of tuna) in an EDI message and took the "UNA" as the start of the next EDI message.

This was back in the 90s though. I'm sure it couldn't happen now....

Comment

NaN is another one to look out for.

Comment

That's very good. An old 'un, but a good 'un.

Shame it wasn't sent to the web monkeys of TalkTalk.

qh
            Last edited by quackhandle; 30 December 2016, 17:51.
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Comment

Who's gonna register <script>alert('hello world');</script> ltd?

Comment

Does posting this work?;update users set permabanned = 1 where username = 'sasguru';

Comment

Working...
                    X