• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dambusters on the Telly

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dambusters on the Telly

Dambusters on the TV. Poor ****** has just been killed, but they're going to bury him on the grass verge outside Guy Gibson's office, around midnight.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Dambusters on the TV. Poor ****** has just been killed, but they're going to bury him on the grass verge outside Guy Gibson's office, around midnight.
    Is this the new Dambusters that Stephen Fry was supposed to be writing? I thought it was canned.

The dog's new name was to be niggles, apparently. But I gather Fry was too nervous of even that and bottled out of the whole project as a result.

It's been ages since I last watched the B &W version, and I forget now. Do they get the dams in the end?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

There are some people on the dam, they think it's all over, well it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Is this the new Dambusters that Stephen Fry was supposed to be writing? I thought it was canned.

The dog's new name was to be niggles, apparently. But I gather Fry was too nervous of even that and bottled out of the whole project as a result.

It's been ages since I last watched the B &W version, and I forget now. Do they get the dams in the end?
        No, it's the original. I sincerely hope any remake has been canned. There are some things that shouldn't be f**ked with. The Dambusters and The Magnificent Seven being two of them.

Comment

No, it's the original. I sincerely hope any remake has been canned. There are some things that shouldn't be f**ked with. The Dambusters and The Magnificent Seven being two of them.
          Erme... TMS is a remake...
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            Erme... TMS is a remake...
            The 2016 one is a remake, but who the f**k is going to watch that ?

Edit - OK, I see what you're getting at.....hardly the same thing though, is it ?

Comment

The 2016 one is a remake, but who the f**k is going to watch that ?

Edit - OK, I see what you're getting at.....hardly the same thing though, is it ?
              Depends how much you like Kurosawa...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Grandad QH's squadron (617) Après moi le déluge, Rodney!

Granted he did join up after the Dam Raids.

Edit: whatever happened to the Peter Jackson remake?

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                  Grandad QH's squadron (617) Après moi le déluge, Rodney!

Granted he did join up after the Dam Raids.

Edit: whatever happened to the Peter Jackson remake?

qh

If they'd remade it they'd have called the dog 'Equality' and had Idris Elba playing Guy Gibson...

Comment

Remake? God I hope not.
                    I first saw this at the cinema.
                    (Jamaica St. Glasgow IIRC)

Comment

Working...
                    X