• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you like conspiracy theories?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you like conspiracy theories?

Thing in the DT is interesting:

Dear Graham Norton: 'My son's belief in conspiracy theories is harming our relationship'

Not sure that's all that unusual. On Boxing day the family were discussing a relative who seems rather obsessed with conspiracy theories, it's his main topic of conversation.

Some conspiracy theories are pretty daft, I can't imagine the Holocaust for example, given the scale, time and number of witnesses involved could seriously be faked. On the other hand, given human nature, I also can't seriously imagine that those with power and influence don't try and fake, cover up, or worse, to suit their agendas.

So what conspiracy theories do you lot find most convincing?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

I don't really buy into any of them but my pet hate is the loons who 'don't believe' in the Apollo Moon landing. Belief is for religion Apollo was engineering.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      So what conspiracy theories do you lot find most convincing?
      I'm not sure it's a conspiracy theory as such, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out Dr Kelly was killed by someone related to the government. Not saying that it was "Sanctioned at the highest levels" or whatever, but I can't help but feel that one might well come out in the wash in a few decades.

Most reasonable accusations levied at the CIA are probably true, given their past record (Operation Northwoods, for example) and the likes of their "Special Activities Division". At this point they're basically comic book bad guys, even if their overall end goals might be 'good'.

I do sincerely believe that a number of high profile paedophiles / child rapists are being outright protected within our government, though.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
        I'm not sure it's a conspiracy theory as such, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out Dr Kelly was killed by someone related to the government. Not saying that it was "Sanctioned at the highest levels" or whatever, but I can't help but feel that one might well come out in the wash in a few decades.

Most reasonable accusations levied at the CIA are probably true, given their past record (Operation Northwoods, for example) and the likes of their "Special Activities Division". At this point they're basically comic book bad guys, even if their overall end goals might be 'good'.

I do sincerely believe that a number of high profile paedophiles / child rapists are being outright protected within our government, though.
        As above.

Governments cannot be trusted.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post

Not sure as I'd class those as conspiracy theories more hidden evidence and obfuscation. The truth will out as they say.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

You're trying to deliberately distract me with that avatar!

Oh yes, that Dr Kelly thing. Probably a lot of people believe that one, mainly 'cos they hate Blair. Some sensible people like Norman baker seemed inclined to believe it too. Princess thingy is another favourite although a car crash in a tunnel seems a bit hard to engineer, too many things could go wrong.

PS Hmm, reading up, sensible? not complete idiot anyway.
            Last edited by xoggoth; 30 December 2016, 19:33.
            bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              You're trying to deliberately distract me with that avatar!
              Can't

Zoom

In

Comment

But I can search on Tineye!

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

All a bit small! Bah!
                bloggoth

Comment

I do wonder if the banking crisis was engineered, I have no proof just seems a lot of rich people got richer and most people got poorer.

Also, can't help wondering how much of an accident that Germany basically runs the EU.

Comment

Govts are too incompetent to run clever conspiracies, the best they can do is run a lot of coverups of their incompetence, that makes it look like they engage in a super clever conspiracy.

HTH

threaded

Comment

Working...
                    X