• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BDO Darts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BDO Darts

Now I know it's tulip but I've always loved watching this pantomime on the Beeb over the years, overweight tungsten tossers galore , but shock horror just like bake off C4 have nabbed it but unlike bake off it's because the Beeb didn't want it! WTF is going on and can I not pay my licence fee this year? @NLUK I have asked my accountant but he seems to not have an opinion on this legal matter

Mrs bp loves it. I am a darts widower.

In Jan 2007 I took Mrs bp to see the Lakeside darts. The night before baby bp was conceived....

Comment

BDO champs not a patch on the PDC champs that Sky show. PDC has much better players, atmosphere and walk on girls...

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        BDO champs not a patch on the PDC champs that Sky show. PDC has much better players, atmosphere and walk on girls...
        Yeah but where's the nostalgia...

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
          Yeah but where's the nostalgia...

Comment

The BBC have dropped it because they've finally realised the PDC is the home of decent standard darts and have started to show PDC tournaments instead. C4 literally picked it up last minute as it looked like it wasn't going to be on free to air telly at all at one point, only BT Sport.

Let's be honest, the BDO is an important part of the game as it supports grass roots darts, amateur and local leagues and without them there would be no route for players to progress to playing professionally, but their world championship has been the Mickey Mouse cup for at least a decade now and the standard before the semi-finals is generally tulip by PDC standards.

That said, there are aspects of the PDC events I don't like, especially the world championships. Half the crowd are just pissheads who turn up to get drunk, chant inane football chants and take very little interest in the darts. Watching some of the old PDC events at the circus tavern the other day reminded me how good the atmosphere could be without it descending into a complete lack of respect for the game being played.
            Last edited by TheCyclingProgrammer; 1 January 2017, 15:42.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
              That said, there are aspects of the PDC events I don't like, especially the world championships. Half the crowd are just pissheads who turn up to get drunk, chant inane football chants and take very little interest in the darts. Watching some of the old PDC events at the circus tavern the other day reminded me how good the atmosphere could be without it descending into a complete lack of respect for the game being played.
              I went to this last year and it was fantastic, although I paid 65 premium seats that I couldn't sit in due to the stormtrooper costume (another story). I think last year it was split between BBC and BT Sport. Mrs qh met Wolfie so she was happy.

I'd heard about the nasty PDC atmosphere, one chap i was speaking to at last years BDO said he went to PDC and he got a cut on his head due to coins being thrown.

Fully recommend going to the BDO and staying at the Aviator hotel in Farnborough.

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
              X