• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sherlock season 4 - contains spoilers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sherlock season 4 - contains spoilers

I'm sure that Mary is supposed to originally be American, yet one of the key plot points is based on her being an Englishwoman.

I found the episode as a whole not as good as previous episodes. Quite disappointing, The plot was quite simple, and the twists were too arbitrary. Funny though - I just watched the episode of Elementary where Lestrade is seen to be addicted to taking the credit for Holmes' work, whereas in this episode, he never wants to.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

It was self indulgent, with a plot and story that went nowhere.

Doctor Who was weak as well.

Not a good episode.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

But given that she has now split with Martin, was it ironic?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Bit dull. Preferred the recent episode of Jonathan Creek. Can't for the life of me remember anything about it tho.

A series in which they put together all the great sleuths, Creek, Sherlock, Father brown, Miss Marple, er. that other one, would be good.
        Last edited by xoggoth; 2 January 2017, 09:55.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

What was tedious, was how super clever Sherlock had become. He was solving everything by sitting at his computer and posting on CUK.

At least he'll be dead at the end of this series and then that will be it.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Creek is just believable but Sherlock really is too preposterous. He can glance at a jumper from several feet away and say what breed of dog the hairs belong too. I doubt an expert could do that without lengthy examination, if then.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Bit dull. Preferred the recent episode of Jonathan Creek. Can't for the life of me remember anything about it tho.
              I'd guessed the vertical torture chamber but had no idea about the killer.

A series in which they put together all the great sleuths, Creek, Sherlock, Father brown, Miss Marple, er. that other one, would be good.
              And then would we vote a different one out each week?

BBC: "Strictly Come Investigating"
              ITV: "I'm a sleuth, get me out of here"
              C4: "Great British Knock Off"
              C5: "Big Murder"
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Going on a bit OT, but in the JC episode, the "striped unicorn" bit - there was no coaster on her bed side table, so how would the "killer" know where she would put her glass? (it needed to be right next to the wall) i.e. it had to have been her husband (he poured her drink)

The fact that this was not mentioned in any way annoyed me

...then JC murdered someone by setting them ON FIRE, ALIVE with absolutely no repercussions

Sherlock's way better (relatively speaking)

Comment

Just watch episode 2. So much better! Good fun and very creepy.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Just watch episode 2. So much better! Good fun and very creepy.
                    Better than 1 but still with a tendency to overly convolute everything a bit too much.

I am sure he is very far removed from what Conan Doyle originally intended and it is now being driven more by a team of scriptwriters all trying to outdo each other with how outlandish they can make his detective abilities.

Well worth the Licence Fee mind you.
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X