• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The collective

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The collective

The Collective housing project continues to flourish 7 months on | Daily Mail Online

Just seen this article in the Wail. Basically a hall of residence but for young professionals. I think this is a great idea and is similar to home stays I stayed In while in Indonesia, albeit much larger.

Seems it's only open to youngsters, but what a great idea.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

With the number of increasing older adults suffering from mental illness it's about time we offered the young ones some refuge.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      The Collective housing project continues to flourish 7 months on | Daily Mail Online

Just seen this article in the Wail. Basically a hall of residence but for young professionals. I think this is a great idea and is similar to home stays I stayed In while in Indonesia, albeit much larger.

Seems it's only open to youngsters, but what a great idea.
      Stock full of Bremainers by the sound of things, and they need to "text a staff member" when a lightbulb needs changing.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Stock full of Bremainers by the sound of things...
        Well of course - that's the demographic. Why would it be anything else? Similarly Brexiters are to be found at St Albethna's Home for the Elderly Deranged.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'm not sure it's my kind of thing being an introvert but I can see the appeal for others.

It's not that new an idea, I remember in my twenties staying at a friends brothers apartment in Canada. They had gym, squash, pool, shops, communal areas - pretty much the same kind of setup.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            With the number of increasing older adults suffering from mental illness it's about time we offered the young ones some refuge.
            Speaking from personal experiences, obviously
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Well of course - that's the demographic. Why would it be anything else? Similarly Brexiters are to be found in their own homes which they have bought and paid for over the decades. No need to "text" for assistance in lightbulb changing/@rse-wiping/filling the dishwasher etc. either.
              ftfy
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

The 550-bedroom, 11-storey tower (pictured) offers young people university halls-style living in London
                £1,200 a month for a bed in a tower block ! Jaysus

Methinks someone's making a lot of money out of them.....
                Last edited by Flashman; 2 January 2017, 19:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                  £1,200 a month for a bed in a tower block ! Jaysus

Methinks someone's making a lot of money out of them.....
                  They are Bremainers snowflake children after all.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    They are Bremainers snowflake children after all.
                    Head in the clouds while their pockets are picked by the rich and powerful.

Almost feel sorry for them...

Comment

Working...
                    X