PDA

View Full Version : The collective

MarillionFan
2nd January 2017, 16:31
The Collective housing project continues to flourish 7 months on | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4047400/Beer-demand-parties-weekend-site-sauna-Seven-months-London-s-luxury-commune-opened-doors-room-oldest-resident-just-44.html)

Just seen this article in the Wail. Basically a hall of residence but for young professionals. I think this is a great idea and is similar to home stays I stayed In while in Indonesia, albeit much larger.

Seems it's only open to youngsters, but what a great idea.

scooterscot
2nd January 2017, 16:43
With the number of increasing older adults suffering from mental illness it's about time we offered the young ones some refuge.

shaunbhoy
2nd January 2017, 16:48
The Collective housing project continues to flourish 7 months on | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4047400/Beer-demand-parties-weekend-site-sauna-Seven-months-London-s-luxury-commune-opened-doors-room-oldest-resident-just-44.html)

Just seen this article in the Wail. Basically a hall of residence but for young professionals. I think this is a great idea and is similar to home stays I stayed In while in Indonesia, albeit much larger.

Seems it's only open to youngsters, but what a great idea.

Stock full of Bremainers by the sound of things, and they need to "text a staff member" when a lightbulb needs changing. :laugh :laugh :laugh

NotAllThere
2nd January 2017, 17:32
Stock full of Bremainers by the sound of things...Well of course - that's the demographic. Why would it be anything else? Similarly Brexiters are to be found at St Albethna's Home for the Elderly Deranged. :D

woohoo
2nd January 2017, 18:00
I'm not sure it's my kind of thing being an introvert but I can see the appeal for others.

It's not that new an idea, I remember in my twenties staying at a friends brothers apartment in Canada. They had gym, squash, pool, shops, communal areas - pretty much the same kind of setup.

MrMarkyMark
2nd January 2017, 18:19
With the number of increasing older adults suffering from mental illness it's about time we offered the young ones some refuge.

Speaking from personal experiences, obviously :laugh

shaunbhoy
2nd January 2017, 18:47
Well of course - that's the demographic. Why would it be anything else? Similarly Brexiters are to be found in their own homes which they have bought and paid for over the decades. No need to "text" for assistance in lightbulb changing/@rse-wiping/filling the dishwasher etc. either.

ftfy

Flashman
2nd January 2017, 19:19
The 550-bedroom, 11-storey tower (pictured) offers young people university halls-style living in London

£1,200 a month for a bed in a tower block ! Jaysus :eek

Methinks someone's making a lot of money out of them.....

vetran
2nd January 2017, 19:25

They are Bremainers snowflake children after all.

Flashman
2nd January 2017, 19:31
They are Bremainers snowflake children after all.

Head in the clouds while their pockets are picked by the rich and powerful. :eyes

Almost feel sorry for them...

shaunbhoy
2nd January 2017, 19:33

But you DO get your lightbulbs changed for free. And that level of technical support don't come cheap.
There must be a Plan B there somewhere offering dhobi services. :laugh

vetran
2nd January 2017, 19:43
But you DO get your lightbulbs changed for free. And that level of technical support don't come cheap.
There must be a Plan B there somewhere offering dhobi services. :laugh

and £50 free for any party.:rollin:

£1,320,000 / year.

pretty good set up.

Flashman
2nd January 2017, 21:46
and £50 free for any party.:rollin:

£1,320,000 / year.

pretty good set up.

London landlords voted 99% for Remain ? I wouldn't be at all surprised. :(

darmstadt
2nd January 2017, 22:15
Don't quite get this, when I'm on long stay in the US I tend to stay in hotels with a similar attitude. You get a fully fitted kitchen, there are communal areas, a washing machine area, the staff put on various activities each evening and so on and at the end of the day, the price is pretty much the same but you're not fixed to a contract. In reality this type of living has been around for ages apart from the having to share your living area, eating area and bathroom with a complete stranger. Load of old bollocks really...

SueEllen
2nd January 2017, 23:45

House and flat shares are expensive in London, so it probably works out the same.

NotAllThere
3rd January 2017, 06:18
...In reality this type of living has been around for ages apart from including the having to share your living area, eating area and bathroom with a complete stranger...FTFY. Also common in the early 1900s.

original PM
3rd January 2017, 07:40
It's a pretty sad state of affairs because really this just accommodation for those who have done well at school with qualifications but have never actually had to live.

These people will also be coming to a junior exec board near you -what could possible go wrong?

northernladuk
3rd January 2017, 07:41
Bet it won't be much fun when they get that one scruffy bastard in that makes everyone's life a misery that seems to appear in most shared accommodation.

original PM
3rd January 2017, 07:48
Bet it won't be much fun when they get that one scruffy bastard in that makes everyone's life a misery that seems to appear in most shared accommodation.

I have a funny feeling these snowflakes will form a committee and then ask a grown up to ask the scruffy one to leave.

northernladuk
3rd January 2017, 08:04
I have a funny feeling these snowflakes will form a committee and then ask a grown up to ask the scruffy one to leave.

Indeed but oddly enough the scruffy bastard also tend to be the obstinate one that won't move however much they are hated by the rest of the community.

original PM
3rd January 2017, 08:25
Indeed but oddly enough the scruffy bastard also tend to be the obstinate one that won't move however much they are hated by the rest of the community.

Indeed no doubt the snowflakes will need counselling after that.

WTFH
3rd January 2017, 08:34

They'll vote the scruffy one out so that they can have their own way, who cares that they are clueless snowflakes, as long as they get their own way and to pot with the consequences.

shaunbhoy
3rd January 2017, 08:35
Indeed no doubt the snowflakes will need counselling after that.

And no mention of a "safe place" either. For that sort of money it ought to be included. :laugh

original PM
3rd January 2017, 08:44
And no mention of a "safe place" either. For that sort of money it ought to be included. :laugh

I think the whole building will be a 'safe space'

and by 'safe' i mean 'completely unconnected to the reality the rest of us live in'

NotAllThere
3rd January 2017, 08:58
Indeed but oddly enough the scruffy bastard also tend to be the obstinate one that won't move however much they are hated by the rest of the community.There's a few of those around here. :p

shaunbhoy
3rd January 2017, 09:08
There's a few of those around here. :p

You mean the Mods? :wink

vetran
3rd January 2017, 09:09
There's a few of those around here. :p

You mean the ones who ignore the majority vote and spend their days saying saying "You will regret this you cretins"?

:grin

WTFH
3rd January 2017, 10:12
I think the whole building will be a 'safe space'

and by 'safe' i mean 'completely unconnected to the reality the rest of us live in'

Ah, so a separate little island they think is safe.

vetran
3rd January 2017, 10:23
Ah, so a separate little island they think is safe.

Owned & operated by someone who lives elsewhere. I feel their pain.

d000hg
3rd January 2017, 11:26

Methinks someone's making a lot of money out of them.....If it's anywhere near central London that sounds about right!