• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Year DOOM™

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Year DOOM™

Fears of a 'massive' global property price fall amid 'dangerous' conditions and market slow-down

"Property prices have climbed to dangerous levels in several advanced economies, raising the risk of massive price falls if markets overheat, according to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).

Catherine Mann, the OECD’s chief economist, said the think-tank was monitoring “vulnerabilities in asset markets” closely amid predictions of higher inflation and the prospect of diverging monetary policies next year.

Ms Mann said a “number of countries”, including Canada and Sweden, had “very high” commercial and residential property prices that were “not consistent with a stable real estate market”."

Fears of a 'massive' global property price fall amid 'dangerous' conditions and market slow-down

Property prices only go up...

DOOMED!!!

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Ms Mann said a “number of countries”, including Canada and Sweden, had “very high” commercial and residential property prices that were “not consistent with a stable real estate market”."
    No specific mention of Blighty though. Phew! For a moment then I was thinking of cutting back on the Krug allowance!!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Comment

Money Week said something about property prices rising for the next nine years or something the other day. Surely that is a clear sign the market is about to pop? An even stronger signal than AtW buying

Looks like the UK is finally getting a shed load more properties built. Just as the UK is less attractive to the EU migrants and some business may well leave. I can't see prices going up but then I have been saying that since 2007...

Comment

Well, I bought almost a year ago, that means that massive crash *hick* is imminent

Comment

Working...
          X