• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Inevitable has Happened

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Inevitable has Happened

I knew it

Sooner or later this was going to happen & today of all days

After a 2 hour commute I get to the office & realise that my bag is feeling a little light.

Yes, that laptop that they insist I take home with me every night is still on my bedroom floor.

Half a day of my life wasted. Happy New Year

Easily done, as is forgetting clientco swipe card
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I left my laptop on my desk on Day 1, on Day 2 they found me a locker in the office.
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          I left my laptop on my desk on Day 1, on Day 2 they found me a locker in the office.
          That would be a serious security breach where I work.

I'd have been out on my ear if I'd done that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
            That would be a serious security breach where I work.

I'd have been out on my ear if I'd done that.
            Anywhere that needs a high level of security will have procedures in place, as taking your secure laptop out of the building is a bigger risk, I would assume you are at a place where they think they know security, rather than a place that does!

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Anywhere that needs a high level of security will have procedures in place, as taking your secure laptop out of the building is a bigger risk, ...
              If the laptop is encrypted, surely the risk isn't that great is it?
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                If it is on his bedroom floor it is more likely to be encrusted than encrypted!!
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Still greater than leaving it in an office, with a security guard that you have to swipe in and out of every day.

I've worked with clients that even the loss of an encrypted hard drive makes the BBC news, any client that insists on me taking their laptop home I ensure I ask for written confirmation that liability will stay with the client for any loss, this is usually enough for a locker, cabinet or drawer on site to be found for me

Comment

I ensure I ask for written confirmation that liability will stay with the client for any loss, this is usually enough for a locker, cabinet or drawer on site to be found for me
                    Yes, but what about the laptop??
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X