• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shocked, almost shocked I tell you!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocked, almost shocked I tell you!

Office PC mysteriously died over the hols and I was too rough (and possibly over the limit) to drive down here to see what was up. The rest of the network was fine so wasn't too worried. Opened the PC up this morning to see why the mobo wouldn't even post. GFX card out, nothing. RAM out, nothing. Disconnected all hard drives - still nothing. Noticed some soot-looking stuff in the box, found this.

Luckily had the PSU disconnected when I grabbed it

PC now working for those of you concerned as to its welfare.

Comment

nice Parroty!!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        nice Parroty!!
        Eye thenk ewe! True though

Comment

Damn, my plans for taking over CUK have been foiled.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Wow, was that SATA power connector plugged into something or did it just spontaneously combust?
            Chewed by mice? Too low a voltage for that.
            another reason to switch pcs off at the wall overnight....................

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
              Wow, was that SATA power connector plugged into something or did it just spontaneously combust?
              Chewed by mice? Too low a voltage for that.
              another reason to switch pcs off at the wall overnight....................
              Yes, plugged into a hard drive I am pretty sure. I have one power adaptor less than I had and now have no DVD drive on the machine. No great loss but don't think I will be using one of those adaptors again in a hurry...

I leave this one on constantly as it runs overnight reporting for me and that's how I noticed it was off over the holidays.

Comment

I thought you'd found the hamster dead in there.
                First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                  Office PC mysteriously died over the hols and I was too rough (and possibly over the limit) to drive down here to see what was up. The rest of the network was fine so wasn't too worried. Opened the PC up this morning to see why the mobo wouldn't even post. GFX card out, nothing. RAM out, nothing. Disconnected all hard drives - still nothing. Noticed some soot-looking stuff in the box, found this.
                  Hopefully, the shashlik was still okay....

Comment

I'd be more worried why a fuse didn't blow, after all that's what they are for.

Comment

Working...
                    X