• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear - Sales of Hitler's Mein Kampf soaring

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear - Sales of Hitler's Mein Kampf soaring

2017-01-03 Germany sees 'overwhelming' sales of Hitler's Mein Kampf

About 85,000 German-language copies of the anti-Semitic Nazi manifesto have been sold. Publisher Andreas Wirsching said "the figures overwhelmed us".

He is director of the Institute of Contemporary History (IfZ) in Munich.

At the end of January the IfZ will launch a sixth print run. The book contains critical notes by scholars.

Unlike the Nazi-era editions, the IfZ's Mein Kampf (My Struggle) has a plain white cover - without a picture of Hitler. The swastika and other Nazi symbols are banned in Germany. ..
    Allowing millions of immigrants to settle in Germany has been a very foolish provocation.

The Germans never seem to do anything by halves ...
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Paging Darmstadt !!!

Comment

Its obviously a lie its in the Daily Fail Beeb.

Just wait until we leave the teat of mother Europe you cretins will be bankrupt unlike me who bought Euro Bonds and moved to Clacton Portugal.

etc.

FTFRemainers.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I actually read Mein Kampf while still in school in England as it was in the school library. Presumably it was available in most school libraries which explains the rise of the right in the UK
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          I actually read Mein Kampf while still in school in England as it was in the school library. Presumably it was available in most school libraries which explains the rise of the right in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Read Mein Kampf in school......check.........moved to Germany........check.
            Over to you security services!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              The Germans never seem to do anything by halves ...
              Indeed. Losing 1 World War wasn't enough for them!!
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Why is this any different to sales of Thachter's or Blair's biography?
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

85,000 copies sold to a population of 80 million - and that's assuming all copies were bought within Germany. Not really "soaring", is it?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    85,000 copies sold to a population of 80 million - and that's assuming all copies were bought within Germany. Not really "soaring", is it?
                    Nope, and I gather it is a newly released annotated edition, which may somewhat account for the increase in sales.

But there's also the canary in the coal mine aspect. "From little acorns" and so on ..
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X