• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dry January - Who else is doing it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry January - Who else is doing it?

I'm usually a pretty heavy drinker (50+ units a week) so I thought I'd give it a go this year.

Day 4 in and I'm no longer craving the booze... but now I have loads of energy in the evening and don't know what to do with it, plus I'm eating junk food to compensate for the lose of the sugar in the evening.

Any tips from those that are on the wagon this month?

Originally posted by blackeye View Post
    I'm usually a pretty heavy drinker (50+ units a week) so I thought I'd give it a go this year.

Day 4 in and I'm no longer craving the booze... but now I have loads of energy in the evening and don't know what to do with it, plus I'm eating junk food to compensate for the lose of the sugar in the evening.

Comment

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to greenlake again.
      chortle...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

How about doing some exercise and working on your plan B in the evening? That way you won't stuff your face and have something to do.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

What's 50 units, like 3 pints a day? That's just about right surely, a well moderated intake.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Hahahaha! 50 units a week.

Day Shirley?
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie on here good on you for doing Dry January

Like SueEllen says some Exercise in the evenings will be good for you

I'm attempting it too I recommend a good walk, run or cycle or join a Gym , I'll be trying one of these

Good luck
              Last edited by ContractNinja; 5 January 2017, 11:29.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Hahahaha! 50 units a week.

Day Shirley?

Comment

I do Dry January every year. Generally I last OK. I normally only drink weekends but December is usually a pretty social month (read alcoholic) so it's a few days in before I start to miss it. That said I've been laid up with Queen's Flu (ha ha) for the past few days and haven't felt much like anything really. Had my first sickie for over a year yesterday and staying in bed again today.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Your mum, so dry I had to use lube to go in.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X