• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I wanted to search to see if this was a new service from my postie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to search to see if this was a new service from my postie

Is your postman delivering drugs? - BBC Newsbeat

Disappointingly, the headline isn't a new offer.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Years ago there was a student at the Polytechnic here who was going over to Amsterdam and buying sheets of blotter acid, which he'd post back to his home address (though with a false name). Nice little earner until one day his air mail envelope arrived and, opening it, he found the joker from a pack of cards

A few minutes later one of his mates who was visiting left the house - only to come flying back into the hall before he'd got the front door shut behind him, closely followed by a number of burly coppers, a dog, and several members of the drug squad. He got eighteen months, as I recall

(For the avoidance of doubt: I actually knew the guy slightly through mutual friends and he confirmed the details to me in conversation one evening while he was on bail awaiting trial, so it's not just an urban legend.)

Comment

I'd be happy if mine just delivers!
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Just lamb, chicken or fish for now?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Is your postman delivering drugs? - BBC Newsbeat

Disappointingly, the headline isn't a new offer.
          Maybe it explains why my postie continues delivering to the wrong house, even though he has been on the same round for several years - he's completely off his nut
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            I wish my postman was a bit more discreet....

Comment

As an example of how they are always watching stuff posted through normal channels...

A mate is the youth worker/pastor at our church. He often tries to engage people using fun chemistry tricks (hydrogen+fairy liquid, foam, etc). I can't remember the details but for one demo he ordered a few bits and pieces online, I think from multiple vendors.
              Shortly afterwards, he had a knock on the door and it was the police.
              Turns out the things he'd bought could be used together to create something dodgy (I can't recall drugs or explosives) and the automated systems and pieced this together and flagged it to the rozzers.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

My one randomly scratches my car cause he cant be arsed lifting his bag up when on the drive.

Comment

Maybe park to leave him room.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Maybe park to leave him room.
                    Maybe park it on his head so he don't forget he messin with the street boz.

Comment

Working...
                    X