• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tesla Model S

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tesla Model S

Been thinking about this, can't remember if I posted but I did do a test drive of a P100D in Copenhagen, lovely car, fast beyond belief, near the docks there's a bit of road where you can get away with opening it up, 0-100 in 2.9 secs with no jerky gear changes completely leaving your tummy in the boot, wonderful feeling and in complete silence.

But, no growl, grunt or edge at all. I loved it but it was a bit plasticky. And the car for £80k doesn't really exude total quality.

Not sure what I think. Maybe all punch and no passion.

But now when I hear an IC engine starting up it sounds so agricultural.

Sod it...

Build quality is ropey, and you won't get a 2.9 second model for 80k.
    World's Best Martini

Comment

For that money you can get 911 TTS, few year old but it will be much nicer car to drive - 0-60 isn't everything, handling is - also Tesla looks very dull.

Comment

Tesla is hugely heavy and can't go round corners and as you say build quality is rather poor.

Makes sense for a family man living near Central London Congestion zone maybe?

Comment

The new Audi TTRS

New Audi TT RS coupe 2016 review | Auto Express

Brand new, £52K, 4WD, Slick DSG box, 0-62 in 3.7 seconds and goes round corners, sounds fantastic with a 5 cylinder turbo engine.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            The new Audi TTRS

Brand new, £52K, 4WD, Slick DSG box, 0-62 in 3.7 seconds and goes round corners, sounds fantastic with a 5 cylinder turbo engine.
            Well they've got close with the front end but that arse? Still looks crap.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              The new Audi TTRS

Ladies car...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                ...leaving your tummy in the boot...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  Been thinking about this, can't remember if I posted but I did do a test drive of a P100D in Copenhagen, lovely car, fast beyond belief, near the docks there's a bit of road where you can get away with opening it up, 0-100 in 2.9 secs with no jerky gear changes completely leaving your tummy in the boot, wonderful feeling and in complete silence. Then I had to stop and charge up the battery before going any further...
                  FTFY and I believe each one comes with a support vehicle....

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Saw one in America, liked it a lot. Like the ipad interface thingy

Comment

Working...
                    X