• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Empty roads

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Empty roads

How do you fancy this?

Mile after mile of empty UK roads. No congestion, no traffic jams. Just cruise into work.

This is what New Liebore are going to bring to us. It's sounds fantastic.

Auto express show the government plans for tax increases:

Fuel tax will rise to make a litre 127p
    Road tax £5,000
    New car purchase tax
    Compulsory scrapping of all care over 10 yrs old (see above). Goodbye classic cars.
    All cities to charge £25 CC
    Road pricing £1.50 per mile (now that will cost some people £30,000 per year)
    Resident parking £450
    Compulsory car sharing

Great news for those contractors on £2000/day as they will be the only car users in the country.

Originally posted by DimPrawn
    How do you fancy this?

Mile after mile of empty UK roads. No congestion, no traffic jams. Just cruise into work.

Road tax £5,000
    New car purchase tax
    Compulsory scrapping of all care over 10 yrs old (see above). Goodbye classic cars.
    Resident parking £450
    Compulsory car sharing

Great news for those contractors on £2000/day as they will be the only car users in the country.
    Even NewLie aren't stupid enough to actually do all this. How many car drivers also vote? Probably somewhere between 15 and 20 million. I doubt there'd be enough NewLie MPs left to organise a game of solitaire after the next election.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
      Even NewLie aren't stupid enough to actually do all this. How many car drivers also vote? Probably somewhere between 15 and 20 million. I doubt there'd be enough NewLie MPs left to organise a game of solitaire after the next election.
      Since when did voting help?
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Scaremongering.

Next...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Age old New Liebour tactic. Announce completely over the top draconian measures, let the newpaper editorials wet themselves over it for a few days, then announce about half of the proposals will be going ahead with half dropped after a "period of consultation". The hard of thinking breathe a sigh of relief that it's not as bad as they thought it was going to be.

Comment

How do you fancy this?

Road tax £5,000
            New car purchase tax
            Resident parking £450
            Compulsory car sharing

Bring back the C5!!!!!...Ermmmm actually on second thoughts.....

Comment

As someone who doesn't own a car and only ever uses the train I can categorically say, I don't give a sh!t...
              Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
                As someone who doesn't own a car and only ever uses the train I can categorically say, I don't give a sh!t...
                As someone who doesn't use the train I say tarmac over the railway lines and let me through.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
                  Rail tax, signal tax, carriage tax, seat tax, buffet tax, bogey tax.

All coming soon, to a train operator near you (once all the cars have gone).

Comment

Rail tax, signal tax, carriage tax, seat tax, buffet tax, bogey tax.

All coming soon, to a train operator near you (once all the cars have gone).
                    bogey tax

thats me f*cked
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X