• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wireless BT earphones, whose got what?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless BT earphones, whose got what?

So I'm looking at the Bose SoundSport, Jaybird X2/3 and Freedom? Want earbuds for the gym/commute, and recommendations?

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    So I'm looking at the Bose SoundSport, Jaybird X2/3 and Freedom? Want earbuds for the gym/commute, and recommendations?
    Quite fancy the bragi.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...earin-motorola

Comment

Not sure about the longevity of having buds not connected by a wire, that's why I'm not considering the earpods by Apple, they will fall out and get lost.

Comment

Jawbone Icon was my favourite, lost it though sometime ago...need to find a replacement..... That was for work though not gym
        "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

Not sure about the longevity of having buds not connected by a wire, that's why I'm not considering the earpods by Apple, they will fall out and get lost.
          True, but some do come with small charging cases so I guess if you get in the habit of charging them after the gym or run. But take your point.

Comment

I've got a set of Bose earphones. Very comfy, no peripheral sounds. Not sure what model, though; got them free as an apology when something wasn't right with the Videowave kit we'd got.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I use Aftershokz Trekz Titanium... I've used Aftershokz for years now, recommended.
              And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
                I use Aftershokz Trekz Titanium... I've used Aftershokz for years now, recommended.
                Bone Conduction? Never tried a pair of those!

Comment

Bone Conduction? Never tried a pair of those!
                  I hate them.

I got them so I could run in traffic and wear at events but all I could hear is the bloody traffic and no music. So if I wear headphones while running on pavements or events I wear my normal cheapish sports ones for running off-road turned down.

I would give the bone conduction ones away if I could find them....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

They're awesome - use them for running + cycling. You can still hear stuff clearly around you. In fact they're the only headphones I'd consider whilst cycling...

I put down some words about the previous version:

https://ferroustom.wordpress.com/201...luez-a-review/

The newer ones are a bit better as they have a titanium spring in the neck piece (I think) which means that they're a bit more robust.
                    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Working...
                    X