• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Monday Morning Bristol Traffic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday Morning Bristol Traffic

1.5 hours to get round the ring road to BPW

Can we get rid of the ludicrous 2+ lanes please? Otherwise I'm going to buy a mannequin and dress it in a borqa

Gricer - is that you?

The traffic is the only reason I am happy to not still be living in Bristol.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
      1.5 hours to get round the ring road to BPW

Can we get rid of the ludicrous 2+ lanes please? Otherwise I'm going to buy a mannequin and dress it in a borqa
      It's been tried, several times. Doesn't work...

Use Bath Spa instead via the A420.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        It's been tried, several times. Doesn't work...

Use Bath Spa instead via the A420.
        I'm heading the other way.

The rationale behind using BPW is that I can get a 125 express service rather than the overcrowded cattle trucks that ply the route between BTM & South Wales.

It is also normally empty in both directions.

Comment

I had 6 months of driving cross country to get to Bristol Parkway every morning and then getting the train into the centre. Fun times.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I'm heading the other way.

The rationale behind using BPW is that I can get a 125 express service rather than the overcrowded cattle trucks that ply the route between BTM & South Wales.

It is also normally empty in both directions.
            OK, take the Virgin train for Brum and points north from BTM to BPW and change there.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Sounds heavenly compared to this morning's run to the smoke.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                OK, take the Virgin train for Brum and points north from BTM to BPW and change there.
                Oooh! Good thinking.

Unfortunately my train departs BPW at 8:08.

The Virgin service gets in at 8:09

Comment

Has anyone ever braved doing a cross Bristol cycle?

It appears there's a route that is cycle friendly in places - at least from the yurts of St Werberghs up to Stoke Gifford. I could park the car in Whitchurch and cycle in from there.

I don't fancy the bit along the St Philips Causeway though

Comment

Has anyone ever braved doing a cross Bristol cycle?

It appears there's a route that is cycle friendly in places - at least from the yurts of St Werberghs up to Stoke Gifford. I could park the car in Whitchurch and cycle in from there.

I don't fancy the bit along the St Philips Causeway though
                    Wear a bright pink jacket, have a pink bag/panniers and a blonde long haired wig under your cycle helmet. Alternatively have see through black cycling shorts/tights and keep your bum of the saddle.

That way you will be given plenty of room.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X