• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tube Strike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tube Strike

Bob Crow is laughing away in his grave

I feel legislation coming.

It's shared society innit?

Pain of travel is shared

Comment

Got lucky on the Met line with Barbican, Liverpool Street and Aldgate open.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

London mayor Sadiq Khan has spoken to BBC Radio London this morning giving his reaction to today's Tube strike.

I think today’s strike is completely unnecessary. I think the best way to resolve differences is around a table, talking amicably.
        Give quiche a chance and all that. Deary me.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Waiting for next gig paperwork to come through so didn't have to go anywhere other than the hairdressers this morning. Tough life living in zone 1 with all amenities within walking distance.

Comment

What with the Southern strikes, also, I will be mostly WFH this week
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
              Bob Crow is laughing away in his grave

I feel legislation coming.
              TSSA are on strike as well not just the mad RMT and militant ASLEF.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It's a terrible thing when Londoners have to spend a single day putting up with the kind of public transport every other city in the land has all the time - though if anything, the bus service in London is much better than most

Comment

The metro in Copenhagen is driverless and the ticket machines are automatic both to buy and use. Wonder if anyone actually works there at all...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    It's a terrible thing when Londoners have to spend a single day putting up with the kind of public transport every other city in the land has all the time - though if anything, the bus service in London is much better than most
                    The bus service is as good as some of the other cities and towns and in the UK.

Oh and all the other towns and cities in the UK are smaller so there isn't a direct comparison.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X