• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it cuz I'm a traveller?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it cuz I'm a traveller?

Traveller women pictured shopping in Tesco wearing pyjamas slam "sexist and racist" man who shamed them online - Mirror Online

One of the women, who are reportedly members of the traveller community, has broken her silence to hit back at the male critic who "internationally shamed" them.

The woman told The Sun she only nipped out to buy some milk for her five-month-old son and thought nothing of wearing her pyjamas.

She told the newspaper: “I’m disgusted that a man has taken our picture and put it online asking for Tesco to ban people wearing their pyjamas.

"We are travellers and we feel like it is sexist and racist. It’s an attack on our culture and way of life."
    yes its an attack on your way of life dear.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Seemed more scruffest than pikeyist to me.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Can you still get hedgehog flavour crisps?

Comment

They seem decently covered up. What's the problem? (And no, of course it's not racist or sexist - it's just a bloody silly complaint, possibly motivated by racism, but not provably so).
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          yes its an attack on your way of life dear.
          Never mind that, who is the idiot who thinks the biggest issue in life is the dress code of people in Tesco, and feels the appropriate way of complaining is to take photos and post them online?

Rather than focusing on the woman, it's the idiot who complained in the first place who should be the focus of the derision.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I’m disgusted that a man has taken our picture and put it online asking for Tesco to ban people wearing their pyjamas.
            No F bomb every other word
            No C bomb in sight
            Not even the hint of an Irish accent
            It makes sense and the argument has some merit.

Not a chance in hell she's part of the traveller community. HTH
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              No F bomb every other word
              No C bomb in sight
              Not even the hint of an Irish accent
              It makes sense and the argument has some merit.

Not a chance in hell she's part of the traveller community. HTH
              Hmm the punctuation, grammar and spelling rule out Bolton, Salford, Rochdale, Oldham, much of the north west to be honest. Cheshire chavettes probably caused some toff to choke on his monocle because he needed a bottle of Bolly and Waitrose were out of stock.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I can hardly be critical.

I have been known to rush out and scare the dustmen on a Monday morning in my diaphanous nightie when I've realised that I've forgotten to put the bins out the night before.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                  I can hardly be critical.

I have been known to rush out and scare the dustmen on a Monday morning in my string vest and y-fronts when I've realised that I've forgotten to put the bins out the night before.
                  FTFY

Comment

Using pajamas (or kind of) even if you go to a supermarket at night, it's bad taste or a sign of sloppiness.

If the travelers insists in having different behaviors, they will attract attention and an easy target for the critics.
                    They could have the wright to wear pajamas (or a bunny tail or whatever they like) but in a democracy we have the wright to criticize.

What I disagree here is the picture in the social media, and for the travellers a low tolerance towards to critics.
                    Last edited by Bee; 9 January 2017, 11:43.

Comment

Working...
                    X