• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit vote

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit vote

So, it turns out that it wasn't just Brexit vote - according to Mrs May:

"When the British people voted in the referendum last June, they did not simply vote to withdraw from the European Union; they voted to change the way our country works – and the people for whom it works – forever. It was a quiet revolution by those who feel the system has been stacked against them for too long – and an instruction to this Government to seize the opportunity of building a stronger, fairer Britain that works for everyone, not just a privileged few."

Source: I’m determined to build the shared society for everyone

I have not see that option on my ballot paper

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    So, it turns out that it wasn't just Brexit vote - according to Mrs May:

"When the British people voted in the referendum last June, they did not simply vote to withdraw from the European Union; they voted to change the way our country works – and the people for whom it works – forever. It was a quiet revolution by those who feel the system has been stacked against them for too long – and an instruction to this Government to seize the opportunity of building a stronger, fairer Britain that works for everyone, not just a privileged few."

Source: I’m determined to build the shared society for everyone

I have not see that option on my ballot paper
    But you did have a ballot paper?

Comment

Nowt to do with the Brexit vote as such but I do think there is a growing mistrust of governments in the West, a feeling that it is all about big business, the wealthy and the powerful pushing their agendas while ignoring the effects on ordinary people. That's why we now have Trump and possibly, will get Le Pen.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Its like B'liar all over again, next we will see uncontrolled immigration, backhanders & invasion of countries based on lies.

Every politician interprets a vote in a way convenient to them.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          But you did have a ballot paper?
          Yes

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Its like B'liar all over again, next we will see uncontrolled immigration, backhanders & invasion of countries based on lies.

Every politician interprets a vote in a way convenient to them.
            You voted for it!!!

Comment

You voted for it!!!
              You could either vote for:
              a) They win
              b) You lose

You're like a turkey voting for Christmas but you clearly hadn't figured that bit out.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                You could either vote for:
                a) They win
                b) You lose

You're like a turkey voting for Christmas but you clearly hadn't figured that bit out.
                Voting No to Brexit would not have lead to current tulipy situation!

We are in deep tulip now because of people who voted Yes, the sooner they realise it the better!

Comment

Voting No to Brexit would not have lead to current tulipy situation!

We are in deep tulip now because of people who voted Yes, the sooner they realise it the better!
                  You could end up in a different pile of tulip if you remain in Europe. Turkey will be handing out passports to anyone crossing their border from the east if they get let into Europe.

What we need to do is to become a less attractive destination to economic tourists.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    You could end up in a different pile of tulip if you remain in Europe. Turkey will be handing out passports to anyone crossing their border from the east if they get let into Europe.
                    We are remaining in Europe, and Turkey is already in Europe (some of it anyway).

What we need to do is to become a less attractive destination to economic tourists.
                    Brexit will take care of that.

This story is just another reminder that voting for Brexit was a vote to give the so-called establishment more power over us.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X