• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Limited company IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited company IR35

Hi all,

I in need of a little advice as I am really unsure of which path to take

I currently work for 1 agency who provide workers to the NHS, I have just joined another agency to do the same work but in a different trust.

I also run a little cleaning buisiness, dont make much but classed as self employed here, agency is PAYE, now with joining this other agency and also having my cleaning business is it practical to start a limited company or will it be classed as employed once April comes.

I am so confused at the moment and dont know how to do it, I could potentially be classed as having 3 jobs and I would like to do it all under a limited company

Thanks in advance

Can't you take your cleaning business cash in hand?

With all that is going on in the PS you'd probably be better going Umbrella or PAYE with the agencies if they offer it. There will be little advantage around a Ltd.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Can't you take your cleaning business cash in hand?

With all that is going on in the PS you'd probably be better going Umbrella or PAYE with the agencies if they offer it. There will be little advantage around a Ltd.
      I am a little bit worried about going cash in hand as I have been registered for years, I cant go umbrella its not an option with agency and I know I will be hammered for tax on the both jobs, It does not really make it worthwhile

Comment

If two of your gigs are PAYE and the other one is going to be come April, you'll be making a loss each year because of your accountancy and insurance fees. There may be something that gets changed in legislation as part of the final PS bill to cover this but I wouldn't hold your breath.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by mimi26 View Post
          I am a little bit worried about going cash in hand as I have been registered for years, I cant go umbrella its not an option with agency and I know I will be hammered for tax on the both jobs, It does not really make it worthwhile
          You would be better of PAYE with the agency as then you don't have to pay umbrella company fees.

Then if the other role was done as self-employed, as now, you just do a self-assessment every year and declare everything.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by mimi26 View Post
            Plenty of tradesmen appear to be registered but seem to be very happy to ask for cash

Comment

Plenty of tradesmen appear to be registered but seem to be very happy to ask for cash
              You need to be careful about that.

You need to ensure you declare at least the same amount as you are earning now.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                You need to be careful about that.

You need to ensure you declare at least the same amount as you are earning now.
                Indeed. It was evasion at best even in the old days.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  You would be better of PAYE with the agency as then you don't have to pay umbrella company fees.

Then if the other role was done as self-employed, as now, you just do a self-assessment every year and declare everything.
                  Any even better option than limited - no hassle, no insurance, no accountancy.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Indeed. It was evasion at best even in the old days.
                    The tax and VAT inspectors use to use a variety of simple tricks to catch people. The fact most of them looked normal and harmless helped.

Comment

Working...
                    X