• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nun jailed over genocide - Any comments Chico?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nun jailed over genocide - Any comments Chico?

A Roman Catholic nun has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for her role in the Rwandan genocide in 1994.

Two other Catholic nuns were found guilty by a Belgian court in 2001, and male priests have also faced trial.

He said she did not spare pregnant women, and was also accused of dumping a baby in a latrine, the Reuters news agency reports.

Last year a Belgian male priest became the first foreigner to go before a gacaca court accused of genocide crimes.

Some members of the Catholic hierarchy in Rwanda had close ties to extremist politicians and aided Hutu militias in the run-up to the killings.

Some 800,000 Tutsis and moderate Hutus were slaughtered in the 1994 genocide and thousands of people were killed after seeking sanctuary in churches.

Link here

Originally posted by Pondlife
    A Roman Catholic nun has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for her role in the Rwandan genocide in 1994.

Two other Catholic nuns were found guilty by a Belgian court in 2001, and male priests have also faced trial.

He said she did not spare pregnant women, and was also accused of dumping a baby in a latrine, the Reuters news agency reports.

Last year a Belgian male priest became the first foreigner to go before a gacaca court accused of genocide crimes.

Some members of the Catholic hierarchy in Rwanda had close ties to extremist politicians and aided Hutu militias in the run-up to the killings.

Some 800,000 Tutsis and moderate Hutus were slaughtered in the 1994 genocide and thousands of people were killed after seeking sanctuary in churches.

Link here
    God ordered them to do it in a dream...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Don't hold your breath Pondlife for a response from Chico.

He is extremely selective over what he's prepared to account for.

He's also extremely black & white.
      For example his self deluded narrow little brain can only differentiate a person into 2 categories.

Chico's concept of a multi-level complex programming filter :-

if (person eq "believer") { personDefn = "godLover"; personAttr = "good" }

else { personDefn = "godHater"; personAttr = "evil" }

Comment

Also

&& personAttr = "self-styled" && personAttr = "atheist"
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

We need to hear more from those "atheistic pagans".

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheCrate
            He's also extremely black & white.
            What, like a zebra ?
            It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Like old Fuzzy Muffies, slightly soiled, slightly grey?
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by oraclesmith
                What, like a zebra ?
                ... or maybe a Skunk ?

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheCrate
                  ... or maybe a Skunk ?
                  Penguin?
                  Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Zebra....Skunk....Penguin.....Nun !!

Word association strikes again !
                    It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Working...
                    X