• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the longest time you ever worked at one contract site?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the longest time you ever worked at one contract site?

My record was 3 years at ABN in Pall Mall.

I'd probably be in major danger of IR35 these days.

I did actually go back and do a 3 month contract a few years later as well.

4 months so far
    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Five years at HP near Broadmoor.

Never again. That was a large chunk of my career, and by the end of it I was "out of circulation".

Comment

I don't see the connection between duration and IR35. Either you're caught on day 1 or you're not. Unless of course over time your (or the clients) behaviour changes and you get more embedded in the organisation.

Edit: have been with current client for just over a year now with hopefully another six to go.

Comment

5 years 8 months - ouch.

Comment

Did 4 years for an IT company in Farnborough that was taken over (in year 2) by another co called Pink Elephant.

Pink Elephant then rebranded as Pink Roccade (sounds like Pink Rock 'ard')...I kid you not, that's the real name, although they were taken over again by Getronics.

Then I did 1 year at BT, in BT Tower, and now at ITV....

Comment

Originally posted by premiere
              Did 4 years for an IT company in Farnborough that was taken over (in year 2) by another co called Pink Elephant.

Pink Elephant then rebranded as Pink Roccade (sounds like Pink Rock 'ard')...I kid you not, that's the real name, although they were taken over again by Getronics.

Then I did 1 year at BT, in BT Tower, and now at ITV....
              You at the ITV/ITN offices on Gray's Inn Road, premiere?
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

SouthBank, which is nice, cos I don't need the underground....

Comment

Originally posted by premiere
                  SouthBank, which is nice, cos I don't need the underground....
                  Good stuff. I'm at a big bank not too far from Gray's Inn Road.
                  Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

How many times is this going to appear?

Next!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X