• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hotels - Late night check ins!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotels - Late night check ins!

Flying into Heathrow next Thursday and need a hotel, choices are a hotel near the Airport and an early start for a trip into that there London Village, or a hotel near to where I need to be on Friday morning and a lie in, my natural preference is the latter but it will mean a near mid night check in, assuming I have a booking it doesn't matter what time I turn up to check in?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Call the hotel, and get them to put a note on your booking that you'll be a late arrival. Not so important at the airport, where this is normal, but London Village may be a bit more backward.
    World's Best Martini

Comment

Also, if staying at LHR, use the local busses instead of the hotel hoppa, free to use, and will go to LHT bust station rather than all around the hotels first,
      World's Best Martini

Comment

Nope. I checked in my hotel at 1am on Monday morning. I do try and remember to call them if I know I'm going to be late but often forget and not had a problem yet. Good chance to ask for an upgrade as well as they know they won't be getting anymore bookings for that night.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Depends on the hotel usually.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Flying into Heathrow next Thursday and need a hotel
            An old review, but a classic....

Review of Thistle London Heathrow Hotel - “I couldn't even put it on expenses”

Comment

Just call ahead and advise of a silly o'clock arrival. They will soon let you know if it's likely to be a problem.

Comment

The missus has her hands full but she says she can get in to hotels without a problem at anytime of night or day
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  The missus has her hands full but she says she can get in to hotels without a problem at anytime of night or day
                  yes but that is paying the special hourly rate (or 15 minute rate for Bremainers). I think he wants a whole night & clean sheets.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post

Booked a hotel near ClientCo at Paddington, forgot about the Heathrow Express only takes 15 mins which means I should be back for last orders which isn't too late I supposse
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X