• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10% agent profit back after 12 months

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10% agent profit back after 12 months

Who here has ever had this lobbed freely into their contract by an agency??

"If your assignment is extended for more than 1 year we undertake to reduce our margin by 10% and pass on this reduction in profit directly to you"

Wot's going on? An agency wanting to give money away? Course, it may be that they are never suspecting a contract to run longer than 12 months.

The agent is PCR, and a new contractor here working with me has this in his contract.

I've worked on several contracts where the agent commission was cut each year. Sadly none of this passed to me, only to the client.

Comment

name and claim?

Comment

Sounds generous, but it might not be.

Depends whether it's 10% of the margin itself, or the margin percent minus 10.

Eg. if the margin was 15% of what the client pays (say £400 a day), then they get £60 a day and you get £340. If they reduce the actual margin figure by 10%, you only get an extra £6 a day.

If it's the margin minus 10%, then they only get £20 and you get the other £380 per day.
        It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

I'm sure it would be the first option. They'd be dropping their margin from 15% to 13.5% say. They'd never drop from 15% to 5%.

It is an unusual thing to get as standard. Maybe a contractor argued for it once, and the daft agent changed the template instead of just the one contract.

Comment

Maybe their margin is really 30% and they felt guilty?

Comment

Working...
            X