• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: Must be getting old

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear: Must be getting old

Morning All,

I guess I must be getting old, I have stopped reading the DM, it's too depressing.

Milan.

I can see why

Russia kill the Queen in latest 'fake news' out of Moscow | Daily Mail Online

Russia kill the Queen in latest 'fake news' out of Moscow claiming Buckingham Palace had announced the Monarch's death
    A number of news outlets carried the story citing a doctored Royal statement
    Fake memo is titled 'Death of Queen Elizabeth II' and mentions Prince Charles
    It is thought it originated on a small Russian website and others picked it up
    A leading Russian media outlet contacted Buckingham Palace, who denied it
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      Morning All,

I guess I must be getting old, I have stopped reading the DM, it's too depressing.

Milan.
      #StopFundingHate though it's entertaining if you don't want factual news and know it's not factual news
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        it's entertaining if you don't want factual news and know it's not factual news
        Says the man that believes in the skyfairies!!
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

As reported elsewhere, my New Year's resolution is to not read or watch the news.

It's all either too darned depressing or too tedious.

Yes, it's sometimes important to stay abreast of all the injustices that are going on in the world but, judging from the acceptance speeches delivered at the Golden Globes the other night, I think I can rest assured safe in the knowledge that the leading luminaries of the silver screen will be dedicating substantial portions of their not inconsequential fortunes to righting these wrongs.

Yes, of course they will. So why should I bother...

(I do watch Points West though. That doesn't count).
          Last edited by Pip in a Poke; 11 January 2017, 16:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post

(I do watch Points West though. That doesn't count).
            It bloody well does!!

regards

David Garmston

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Points West is great, I remember it in the 80's being dominated by Eavis's court appearances

Michael Eavis was in court today (and a picture of him with his mobile phone)

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                It bloody well does!!

regards

David Garmston

Eff off Garmston.

You're not a patch on us.

Regards,

Bruce Hockin & Richard Wyatt (AKA "The Dream Team")

Comment

The Heir of Sorrows will be running naked down the corridors again.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

As reported elsewhere, my New Year's resolution is to not read or watch the news
                    I'm not reading it as much as I did, depressing as you say, especially when we can't do a thing about the things that annoy us.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X