• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit: Britain in front seat for trade deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit: Britain in front seat for trade deal

Britain in 'front seat' for U.S. trade deal, top Republican says | Reuters

Fook you Obama and your back of the queue rhetoric.

Being at the front is only a good thing if the trade deal is a good one.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'm trying to figure out what would be in it for the UK. What would we export ?

Japanese cars
      Airbus
      Be a base for US investment banks who want a bridgehead into the US

ah I know

cheap rubber ducks

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Here's a typical US trade "deal" that happened recently, with Boeing
        We spend a few billions (on hock of course, we don't have the billions to spend ) buying their warplanes and they build a 70 million factory in Scotland to maintain them

When are you duncy Brexiters realise we have nothing to trade? WE DON'T MAKE ANYTHING MUCH. Geddit?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Fook you Obama and your back of the queue rhetoric.
          It's almost like they just make it up as they go along.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            It's almost like they just make it up as they go along.
            They do. Bit of old Boris bollocks there. Ages ago we heard that that the UK would be first, then we heard that they wouldn't, then first again and so on and on and on. First off, these were unofficial talks and Boris has only 'claimed' this, there is no official statement. Secondly the people he was talking to have no actual say in what the US will do, **** me, one was Trump's son. The man who will probably have the final say still has to go in front of the Senate and be endorsed. Don't get your hopes up high because next week there'll be a different message
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

The point is that even if every non-EU country in the world signed a trade deal with the UK tomorrow, we have nothing to sell.*

End of story.

*In the interests of accuracy, I should say we have nowhere enough to sell.
              Last edited by sasguru; 11 January 2017, 10:08.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

We've a pretty big economy for a country who doesn't have anything to sell.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Fook you Obama Cameron and your back of the queue rhetoric.

(Omaba would have said "back of the line".)
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    We've a pretty big economy for a country who doesn't have anything to sell.
                    Services makes up 80-90% of the economy. Most of which goes to the US and EU. The rest of the world (particularly the fastest growing economies of India and China) aren't really interested in our services, as they have protected economies.

Anyway since the Brexit vote and fall of the pound we've moved from 5th to 7th behind France and India. Not going to be in the top 10 for long as Brexit will accelrate that decline.
                    Last edited by sasguru; 11 January 2017, 10:14.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X