• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The perils of working on the train

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The perils of working on the train

You get so engrossed in what you're doing that you miss your stop

I love watching people working on trains. Had much fun observing someone, who had no idea how to use powerpoint, trying to create a slide deck. Have read many financial reports and confidential emails. People seem to think that no-one's looking when they work in a public place.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
      You get so engrossed in what you're doing that you miss your stop
      You mean you fell asleep

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I love watching people working on trains. Had much fun observing someone, who had no idea how to use powerpoint, trying to create a slide deck. Have read many financial reports and confidential emails. People seem to think that no-one's looking when they work in a public place.
        Haha, this is my hobby. I used to work on the train, but over recent years I seem to have acquired some motion sickness so I tend not to now. Especially if I'm not being paid for the time.

Comment

I've occasionally intended to work on the train but I enjoy looking out of the window too much

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I've occasionally intended to work on the train but I enjoy looking out of the window too much
            +1

It's even preferable on the tube...

Comment

People seem to think that no-one's looking when they work in a public place.
              Or that you can't see what they are looking at;

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Or no one is listening when on their phone.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

The only thing I ever knew about my Great-Grandfather was that he worked on the trains and was killed by being crushed between two buffers. Ewww.

I think that beats your peril.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    It tends to be dark when I'm on the train so, whenever I look out the window, I am greeted by the unsettling vision of a rather befuddled looking middle aged woman with bed hair.

Comment

Working...
                    X