• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mild hangover, interview this afternoon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mild hangover, interview this afternoon

So, I had to pop into F&M in Piccadilly yesterday to buy some coffee beans. Because I'm there, I end up in the wine bar downstairs. I have a negroni and something to eat. I try one of the English sparkly numbers but it's not one of the good ones so swap it for a glass of Pol Roger. That goes down well so I have a glass of Veuve Fourny blanc de blancs. Figured I ought to leave but the barman looks disappointed so I go, ok, I'll drink a dessert in the form of a nice glass of Sauternes. Chap behind the bar tells me as he finishes his shift that the Veuve Fourny was free even though he had to open a bottle especially for me to have it. I start chatting to the chap who takes over who, it turns out, is from Ethiopia and he tells me all about their coffee culture out there and we swap tips on nice places to eat in town. I finish my Sauternes and think about getting my shizzle together. He then pours me a large glass of red and hands me a plate of cheese (neither added to the bill). Finally, at 9pm, half an hour after the store shut, the security guard pops in to remind the staff they should kick the punters out.

So, am feeling a little less perky than normal and I have to dazzle a potential client at 1630 this afternoon. I may go back to bed...

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    So, am feeling a little less perky than normal and I have to dazzle a potential client at 1630 this afternoon. I may go back to bed...
    Just a little bit more of this and I'll expect a boomed thread.

That goes down well
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hair of the dog? That should set you right.

Comment

Originally posted by fannyadams View Post
        Hair of the dog? That should set you right.
        Exactly.

Big fry up, proper ingredients.
        A pint just before the interview.
        Chewing gum.

Sorted
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I find dog hair incredibly chewy, I would recommend an aspirin.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Interview went quite well. I will know on Monday if it went as well as I thought it did

Comment

Interview went quite well. I will know on Monday if it went as well as I thought it did
              If you offered them a swig from your bottle, they'll have been won over

Comment

Did they drink from your well?
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

blanc de blancs.

Comment

Your test results indicate that you'll be a good fit....

Comment

Working...
                    X