• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taste of India

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taste of India

He's my riveting thoughts on my recent visit with the hiring manager. I must be important to be taken to such lofty places.

Chutney was clearly "double dipped" and the spoon somewhat soiled.

Vindaloo gave me the thruppenies, and the onion bhajee was soggy. Rice dry and naan bread on the thin side.

Did not affect your verbal diarrhea though, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      He's my riveting thoughts on my recent visit with the hiring manager.
      Hiring manager? I think you went for the wrong kind of taste....

Comment

Oi! I've eaten in there and quite liked it.

Vindaloo is meant to give you the thruppenies else it wasn't made right.

Soggy bhajis have been in a microwave and yes, that should be a crime!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          He's my riveting thoughts on my recent visit with the hiring manager. I must be important to be taken to such lofty places.
          And there I was thinking you were just a soon-to-be-bobbed code monkey
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

The kind of Indian food with which I'm acquainted is the sort served in establishments that only seem to exist to cater for the post-pub rugby boy types.

You know the one, decked out with threadbare, knock-off Persian carpets and a faded picture of the Taj Mahal hanging on one wall.

The piped sitar music occasionally punctuated with a drunken "Oi Gupta! Bring I another gaaarlic naaaan!"

Whatever you order will inevitably arrive in a little stainless steel dish lost in a tastebud assaulting glop of onion and tomato all capped off with an inch thick layer of translucent grease.

And if you manage to get that lot down it's guaranteed to repeat on you all night long leaving you feeling the next morning as though you'd had ten pints of Mendip Magic.

So, whenever the shout is "let's go for a curry", I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
              The kind of Indian food with which I'm acquainted is the sort served in establishments that only seem to exist to cater for the post-pub rugby boy types.

You know the one, decked out with threadbare, knock-off Persian carpets and a faded picture of the Taj Mahal hanging on one wall.

The piped sitar music occasionally punctuated with a drunken "Oi Gupta! Bring I another gaaarlic naaaan!"

Whatever you order will inevitably arrive in a little stainless steel dish lost in a tastebud assaulting glop of onion and tomato all capped off with an inch thick layer of translucent grease.

And if you manage to get that lot down it's guaranteed to repeat on you all night long leaving you feeling the next morning as though you'd had ten pints of Mendip Magic.

So, whenever the shout is "let's go for a curry", I'm out.
              What about Malc?

Comment

Babur in Forest Hill takes some beating for a curry in that London. Proper contractor prices too to keep the riff raff out.

Then there's Lahore Kebab House and Tayyab in Whitechapel for the carnage-level scran.

In Manchester I'd recommend the Blue Bay about 5 miles north (walking distance from Besses Metrolink station). If you want a dish stronger than standard, just ask them. Great bunch of Bengali lads and will invariably offer you a free Baileys while you're settling up the bill.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Agree with Babur as a recommendation from London Manc.

Apart from that I find Nepalese food far superior than the usual Bangladeshi offerings.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Problem is of course that what people call an "Indian" in the UK is usually never that.
                    95% of "Indian" restaurants in the UK are run by Bangladeshis using formulaic recipes that have nothing at all to do with Indian cuisine.
                    There are a few up-market genuine Indian restaurants in central London which are invariably excellent.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X