• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I think most here would be guilty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think most here would be guilty

Chancellor Gordon Brown said race laws may have to be changed after British National Party leader Nick Griffin was cleared by a jury of stirring up racial hatred.

The far-right politician sprayed champagne and declared a victory against the Government and the political establishment after the all-white jury found him not guilty.

But Mr Brown said most people would find some of Mr Griffin's words offensive and pledged a legislative rethink if it was required to stamp out racial hatred.

"Any preaching of religious or racial hatred will offend mainstream opinion in this country and I think we have got to do whatever we can to root it out, from whatever quarter it comes," he told the BBC.
    Looks like they will try to resurrect the religious hatred bill .... btw anyone know what sentence the muslim got for calling for us to be beheaded?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Originally posted by Troll
    Looks like they will try to resurrect the religious hatred bill .... btw anyone know what sentence the muslim got for calling for us to be beheaded?
    Wasn't he out on license anyway and just got sent straight back inside? Crack dealing or something wasn't it?

Comment

Offensive

Brown continuing to breath is offensive to many can we have some legislation to cover this as well?

I'm surprised he didn't smear the jury as a bunch of racists and call for a third trial.

Comment

Oh yes, WTF has it got to do with the Chancellor anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
          Oh yes, WTF has it got to do with the Chancellor anyway?
          Heir apparent

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
            Heir apparent
            I will laugh my cock off if he doesn't get elected as the next leader. Just seeing the extra sour face on the sour faced Jocko would be blissful.

Comment

Originally posted by vista
              I'm surprised he didn't smear the jury as a bunch of racists and call for a third trial.
              The BBC did the job for him "after the all-white jury found him not guilty." i.e. they were all white = all racist

Comment

Plus the BBC's interviewee comparing what Griffin said to what Abu Hamza said. Has anyone read the sort of stuff Hamza said? In addition Hamza had been warned several times over a number of years before any action was taken, not proceeded against immediately as Griffin was. The retrial of Griffin was a politically motivated vendetta.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Politicians should not be changing laws to get what they want in court.

Comment

You think that's bad? You wait for the next fertiliser/sugar/koran explosion to go off: the public demands action, the government fast-track ID cards and the biometric centralised DNA database.
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X