• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday night losers club.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday night losers club.

Can I be the president?
    The pope is a tard.

I work with this late 20/ 30's bint who frankly is doing my head in.

She keeps droning on about her latest argument with her boyfriend, asks the same question every night -i.e. "what are you doing tonight" -as if every night I have to be going out somewhere or doing something unusual.
    She babbles on about some trivia, tells me all her fecking problems & life story...I just want her to shut the feck up!!

It's like living in a Bridget Jones Diary... or perhaps all women these days are modelling their lives on it.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Troll, there's only on thing for it - make her feel like a real woman. Give her your shirt to iron.

Sorry, the old 'uns are the good 'uns, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
        Troll, there's only on thing for it - make her feel like a real woman. Give her your shirt to iron.

It's like when you're at home watching the telly and the wife drones on... and on about one of her "he said she said " tales...it must be a genetic flaw... only way to shut her up is to tell her to go & get me a beer

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
          I work with this late 20/ 30's bint who frankly is doing my head in.

She keeps droning on about her latest argument with her boyfriend, asks the same question every night -i.e. "what are you doing tonight" -as if every night I have to be going out somewhere or doing something unusual.
          She babbles on about some trivia, tells me all her fecking problems & life story...I just want her to shut the feck up!!

It's like living in a Bridget Jones Diary... or perhaps all women these days are modelling their lives on it.

Well from a chicks perspective - she wants you. Girls dont bad mouth their lads in front of other lads unless they secretly want the other lads to go "oh you're too good to put up with that tulip - come with me honey, etc etc".
          And if she's alays asking you what you're up to it's either
          a) to hint at you asking her to join you
          b) to find out if you have a honey of your own
          c) to pretend to be interested abot you so you'll end up wuving her.

Al women are evil in that way

And also, I suspect the fact that you are talking/thinking about her on a Friday night suggests you kinda want a bit of her aswell.

Am I right? I'm so right.
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box

The pope is a tard.

Comment

It's like when you're at home watching the telly and the wife drones on... and on about one of her "he said she said " tales...it must be a genetic flaw... only way to shut her up is to tell her to go & get me a beer
              Blimey, I never suspected my wife was one of these dual life types.

Except if I told her to go and get me a beer I'd probably end up with it shoved up my arse.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                Well from a chicks perspective - she wants you. Girls dont bad mouth their lads in front of other lads unless they secretly want the other lads to go "oh you're too good to put up with that tulip - come with me honey, etc etc".
                And if she's alays asking you what you're up to it's either
                a) to hint at you asking her to join you
                b) to find out if you have a honey of your own
                c) to pretend to be interested abot you so you'll end up wuving her.

Al women are evil in that way

And also, I suspect the fact that you are talking/thinking about her on a Friday night suggests you kinda want a bit of her aswell.

Am I right? I'm so right.
                No I was only making conversation about people who see not going out partying every night as a problem... and she knows I am married ... + it's all forbidden fruit
                btw - I would be mortified if I found out my partner had been bad-mouthing me at work
                But the point is I cannot get her to shut up - I don't really want to be rude or anything

Dr Sally Anne, what can I do???

Comment

Just do what I do. I'm a total sociopath though so you might get hit. just say "shut it woman - I'm bored". They never say again then.

One guy I worked with was always going on about his baby son so the following comment popped out: "i'm surprised you got a son - did your wife roll onto the cum that you masterbated into the bed?"

Yes I am horrible
                  Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

No I was only making conversation about people who see not going out partying every night as a problem... and she knows I am married ... + it's all forbidden fruit
                    btw - I would be mortified if I found out my partner had been bad-mouthing me at work
                    But the point is I cannot get her to shut up - I don't really want to be rude or anything

Dr Sally Anne, what can I do???
                    Its nice staying in - we spend a fortune on our nice houses making them just as we like them after all!

Now, to the problem in hand.....many suggestions: -
                    a) ask your boss to move you, as she is distracting you.

b) explain to her that you are a contractor and will be fired if seen talking. You'd LOVE to chat to her all day, but you just aren't allowed. If she too is a contracter, tell her that your boss has said the permies are starting to notice and you must therefore keep a lid on the chatting.

c) listen to her, then reply in a very slow, boring voice. This will frustrate and aggitate her. Keep doing it - she will soon stop talking to you.

d) spit a few times when you're talking (make it look accidental of course) - this again should deter her from any further conversation.

e) stare right into her eyes constantly, and wait a few seconds before talking. She'll freak at this. Obviously she'll think you're wierd, and will possibly tell others in the office of your wierdness - but she'll start keeping her distance.

Hope these help - pleae feel free to drop back into the surgery at any time
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X