• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

May announces referendum to join the United States of America

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<placeholder>

Each county will become a state

..a state of despair and misery.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The polo shirts are ready....

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

You're bigging the UK up, aren't you?

The UK is about the same size as Alabama, so the UK becomes a state and the counties stay as counties (and that include Wales, NI and Scotland).
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

The UK is about the same size as Alabama, so the UK becomes a state and the counties stay as counties (and that include Wales, NI and Scotland).
          Yeah, plus AtW sleeps with his sister, so he's probably all for it.

What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

I am a patriot...

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              ..a state of despair and misery.
              I hope this helps you, though there is only so much they can do for a dour scot.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                <placeholder>

Texas and California were independent states and joined the USA. Ever since then, the constitution allows any country to apply to join the USA.

There was a pressure group in the 1960s for the UK to join
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                  The polo shirts are ready....
                  The cake is ready too....

Comment

I don't think there's a place for Scotland in the United States of America (incorporating the UK) as seen from this weeks Herald:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X