• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freeview Guilty Pleasures

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freeview Guilty Pleasures

Actually, it's not even the occasional guilty pleasure. Since most of the offerings from BBC, ITV et al are complete hogwash, I find I'm watching Quest, Food Network, Travel Channel etc whenever I turn my set on.

My faves are:

Triple D, MVF, Shed and Buried, World's Greatest Motorcycle Rides, Baggage Wars, Salvage Hunters. Plus reruns from the days when the BBC used to make good stuff.

Edit: and a complement of girly things like Friends of course!

What's yours?
    Last edited by Pip in a Poke; 16 January 2017, 06:47.

I also go for Triple D, MVF and Amazing Motorcycle rides - although the missus hates that latter as he has an annoying cadence in his speech.

Having said that I rarely watch TV because the kids take over and watch some disney or nickelodeon crap

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      I also go for Triple D, MVF and Amazing Motorcycle rides - although the missus hates that latter as he has an annoying cadence in his speech.

Having said that I rarely watch TV because the kids take over and watch some disney or nickelodeon crap
      and the hissy fits he has with his crew. I think to myself FFS man! You have the best gig in the world there and you're behaving like a spoilt brat.

The various Alaska related shows are also good.

Comment

Just finishing the second season of the missing and very much enjoyed it. The first season was also cracking.

Comment

I want to hurt the guy from Triple D, he is a major twatwaffle!

Restaurant: Impossible is good for a laugh too
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
            The various Alaska related shows are also good.
            I don't know if they show up on Freeview (I have YouView so get Discovery et al), but I'm addicted The Last Frontier and those type shows. Also really like Ed Stafford's survival show.

I noticed Man v Food was on one of the nether channels yesterday; always enjoyed that.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Not Guy Fieri??

Comment

Stuck in the past me, Mash, Last of the Summer Wine etc. Rarely watch any current programs apart from the news. If I do, it's probably crime stuff, Fake Britain and police chase programs whose names I can't remember.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

I like his straight up enthusiasm.

Infinitely preferable to the UK equivalents where you get some pretentious foodie hipster with a rod up his 'arris.

Comment

Dave Gorman's Modern Life is Good-ish.

Also on the broader freesat viewings, the sick puppy in me still enjoys Jackass. Hardly a guilty pleasure though; I feel no shame in it whatsoever. Good parenting time too; my kids have inherited my sense of humour, rendering me as the cool parent.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X