• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK credit card and loan debt rises at the fastest rate since 2005

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK credit card and loan debt rises at the fastest rate since 2005

British shoppers splurge as debt grows at fastest pace since boom year of 2005 

Well that explains the UK's GDP "growth" rate.
    We all know what follows a debt fuelled splurge don't we?
    Or perhaps not, since at least 52% of the population are thick as pig-tulip.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Could be many things, including a growing level of consumer confidence.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Throwing caution to a head strong wind. The basic facts of an impossible debt for both state and households have escaped conception and somehow that now means it does not matter.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Throwing caution to a head strong wind. The basic facts of an impossible debt for both state and households have escaped conception and somehow that now means it does not matter.
        The world's total debt is more than the money on the planet. Until that is accepted and there is some sort of unilateral debt amnesty, we're on a gentle spiral into a debt black hole. The amnesty simply needs to arrive before we cross the event horizon.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          The world's total debt is more than the money on the planet. Until that is accepted and there is some sort of unilateral debt amnesty, we're on a gentle spiral into a debt black hole. The amnesty simply needs to arrive before we cross the event horizon.
          Speak for yourself, but I'm without debt. Guess I'm not part of the world.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

But you will be affected by the debt of others, one way or another.

Comment

Most people in the UK with a house bought at least ten years ago are without debt. The world has a net debt greater than then money that exists though.

A bank lends £1m to company A. Company A lends £1m to company B. Company B lends said £1m to company C. £3m of debt, £1m of money. Defaults and slow payments cause the complications.

Comment

A return to the gold standard soon then. Or altcoin!!

Comment

Well it looks like the EU will be insulated from the effects once it becomes a problem.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

The evidence seems irrefutable.

But which alternate galaxy did you inhabit prior to coming here and proving to us all that aliens ain't all that bright after all?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X