• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finstar???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finstar???

Just came on this forum to see if anyone has ever used Finstar - i just had a cold call from these, offering me a lot more than what i am on with Cloud9

Does anyone know these and if so, how do they offer such lucrative and tempting percentage? will likely use if someone can confirm they are legit with HMRC!?

thank you in advance
    F
    Last edited by FDavies01; 5 July 2017, 09:15.

Let's move to the right forum and try again, shall we?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Hmmm, lets have a little look...

3 Page website - Check
      No company details on site - Check
      No information on solution whatsover - Check
      T&C's - 'This document was created using a Contractology template available at http://xxx .contractology. com'
      Registered address is a law firm - Check
      No financials submitted - Check
      SIC 78109 – Activities of employment placement agencies (other than motion picture, television and other theatrical casting) n.e.c - Check

Yep I think that is enough checks for me to safely say if I was on fire and this lot had the last extinguisher in the world I'd happily burn.

OP - exactly how much research did you do when someone rings you about handling 100's of K of your company money?
      Last edited by northernladuk; 17 January 2017, 10:51.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hey, a Manchester phone number. I suppose it forwards to IoM or Belize or some place? could have popped in for a brew and a chat. No address is given though, unfortunately. Never mind.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

What were the convictions for?
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Really. I didn't find any of that but didn't need to look that far. The 3 page website was more than enough. Why on God's earth would anyone do anything with a company with a site like that?

Comment

Originally posted by FDavies01
              Suspended sentence after pub incident | Isle of Man News :: isleofman.com - found this top of Google search of his name! :O
              I thought it would be fraud and theft.

These convictions can be considered ones of youth, but I would still run a mile from anything he's doing as it shows he's immature.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by FDavies01 View Post
                Just came on this forum to see if anyone has ever used Finstar - i just had a cold call from these, offering me a lot more than what i am on with Cloud9

Does anyone know these and if so, how do they offer such lucrative and tempting percentage? will likely use if someone can confirm they are legit with HMRC!?

thank you in advance
                F
                It's a trap. These sort of things generally fall under the "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is". Have a browse through the schemes section of the forums to see all the other schemes that have been entered into in good faith. The only people being exposed to risk are the contractors - it is simple social engineering playing on the inherent greed of people.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

It was 8 years ago. There are lot more basic warning signs you need to be considering first.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    I thought it would be fraud and theft.

These convictions can be considered ones of youth, but I would still run a mile from anything he's doing as it shows he's immature.
                    Yeah this would be my thoughts. I wouldn't hold that conviction against them (everyone has a past, albeit most don't end up convicted of anything), but I still wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

I imagine what would happen if you did sign up is that for a couple of years you'd think it was ace. All would be as described, you'd be getting most of the money and paying negligible tax. Problem is, could be 2 years, could be 5+ years, HMRC will come knocking. You'll then end up paying all the taxes you would've paid had you used a more "vanilla" accounting solution, and you can bet your bum you won't get any fees back from the avoidance provider, who will be sunning themselves in the Cayman Islands.

Comment

Working...
                    X